My house is haunted- I think

Qryche11

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am somewhat jealous of you all. I have had no experiences as you have in regards to this. I have always been interested in it too, always trying to understand and rationalize it.

I do have a question for some of you though. Those who have experienced anything along the lines of what has been mentioned above, do you consider yourself to have a strong spiritual side or are you deeply analytical trying to understand and analyze the physical world around you?

They can be scary, I think shocking is a more fitting word. Like I was saying before, if I see a person it's more shocking than it is scary. It's something you just kind of aren't expecting.

But I have never liked seeing shadowy figures (some call them shadow people) or black masses. I think there is something inherently evil with those things. JMO.

I'm also not a big fan of Ouija boards. I don't think they are inherently bad, but it's the act of inviting someone or something to take over your body that I don't like.

I know what your saying. 2 years ago my family and a couple of my best friends went to Waverly hills in Louisville for the kiddy haunted house thing. It wasnt scary at all but afterwards we went and walked through the morgue thing, and it was just like a tour. We were walking through this tunnel and I dont get scared easily so my mom made me and my friend go first. As we were walking through this door I saw a shadow person on each side of it, and I thought it was someone messing with us so I told everyone "watch out for these two people trying to scare us." Well everyone informed me that there was no one there. I am still freaked out about that. When I saw my grandma it really was just kind of comforting, but seeing the shadow people scared the living crap outta me.

I bought my house from an elderly lady 5 yrs ago and her husband was killed on the road traveling for business. We think his spirit is still here in the house. Every few days at the same time of the day we will hear a toy in the basement play its music just randomly. Its the same toy and it freaks my wife out. This has been going on for 3 yrs so if it was a dying battery I think it would be dead by now.

Tonight I was showing her some photos I took of our interior rooms and there is a circular white spot in one of them and she about lost it saying "you see that, they say spirits show up in photos in the form of white circles." She ran and got under the sheets. She is really freakin out. :scared: I laughed and think its funny.

Since its Halloween season, any other ghost stories?

This is my old thread from a while back.

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=135380&highlight=spirits

We had another one last night. As you guys know we recently had a baby. Well he's been sleeping really good so we started letting him sleep in his room and we have a video and sound monitor.

I went to my grandma's house for spaghetti last night (insert Italian joke here) and we were looking thru some old pictures where we found some old pictures of my grandpa, who passed away about 3 years ago, and were amazed at how alike they looked. My wife and I had a nice discusssion about my grandpa last night and how great he was and how we will tell our son all about his grandpa.

So we put our baby down to sleep last night and go to bed. He wakes up about 5AM and we go in to get him, and he was laying 180 degrees from the way we put him down. He can't even roll on his side very well much less turn himself completely in a circle. Someone picked him up and put him back down the wrong way, my wife is convinced it was my grandpa stopping by to see the baby. She swears she also woke up in the middle of the night and heard the baby making some noises and hearing some clicking sounds but everytime she would look at the monitor there was nothing there.

I've seen and heard a lot of things in this house we're in so I don't discount anything right off the bat, but this one was weird.

Growing up in my parents house, weird stuff would happen all the time. Things would move, we would hear noises see shadows. We did a little research a few years ago and found out there was a murder/suicide in their house back in the 1930's. ( the guy who murdered his wife was into vodoo and had a room set up in the upstaris closet.)

The house I used to live in was very old and spooky. Some of the upstairs windows would be open in the mornings on occasion but nobody slept or spent much time upstairs. My dog would never go up the steps, instead he would bark in defense mode everytime he walked past the bottom of the staircase. That is creepy enough for me but for a little extra spook, our TV remote was found on top of the fidge on the very back of it twice that I can recall. Now that could be my delusional father but the other stuff freaked us all out!

I later learned that a man died of cancer in an upstaris bedroom...

One time, home alone, I made a PB&J sandwich and put it on a plate on the counter. I went upstairs for a few minutes and when I came down my food was gone! The only witness to this ghostly invasion was my dog who ran and hid when I came back downstairs. Poor thing... the ghost had actually shoved some of the sandwich in her face in an attempt to keep her quiet. What a ghastley thing to do!

One time, home alone, I made a PB&J sandwich and put it on a plate on the counter. I went upstairs for a few minutes and when I came down my food was gone! The only witness to this ghostly invasion was my dog who ran and hid when I came back downstairs. Poor thing... the ghost had actually shoved some of the sandwich in her face in an attempt to keep her quiet. What a ghastley thing to do!

I think that ghost visits our house sometimes too lol.

I do have a question for some of you though. Those who have experienced anything along the lines of what has been mentioned above, do you consider yourself to have a strong spiritual side or are you deeply analytical trying to understand and analyze the physical world around you?

I wouldn't say I fall into either category, but somewhere in between. I am not the type to assume every random noise is automatically a ghost if that's what you're asking.

I wouldn't say I fall into either category, but somewhere in between. I am not the type to assume every random noise is automatically a ghost if that's what you're asking.

Not at all what I am asking.

My question pertains more to a state of mind that allows for such things to be apparent as opposed to a mind that walls itself off from such things.

Not at all what I am asking.

My question pertains more to a state of mind that allows for such things to be apparent as opposed to a mind that walls itself off from such things.

I wouldn't say I'm uber-spiritual or that I attend church every Sunday, but I am also not absent of religion. I consider my self a Christian as well, but I've yet to find any good Christian explanations for some of my experiences.

When I was younger I used to blame more things on the supernatural than was probably warranted. Now, it is the absence of other explanations that leaves me wandering the most.

I wouldn't say I'm uber-spiritual or that I attend church every Sunday, but I am also not absent of religion. I consider my self a Christian as well, but I've yet to find any good Christian explanations for some of my experiences.

When I was younger I used to blame more things on the supernatural than was probably warranted. Now, it is the absence of other explanations that leaves me wandering the most.

I have known a number of people who are extremely spiritual who seem to have a greater connection to this sort of thing than I do who have told me things along the lines of what I asked you.

Just trying to ascertain the veracity of their comments.

I have known a number of people who are extremely spiritual who seem to have a greater connection to this sort of thing than I do who have told me things along the lines of what I asked you.

Just trying to ascertain the veracity of their comments.

I don't think you have to be spiritual to witness something paranormal, but I think those who are spiritual are usually more aware of paranormal activity around them.

With that said, a good spoonful of skepticism is always welcome.