Wishbone

Mr Deeds

I was curious as to are their any teams left out there who run the wishbone. I know the flexbone has replaced some of the wishbone but is their a tem who runs the ball non stop and doesnt pass at all? Iam from another state out in Iowa and their is a team out there who throws the ball no more then 2 times a game. They run the wishbone and just run run run run run. The carry out there fakes very well and hide the ball with their black jerseys. You can put 9 guys in the box and know where it is going but they keep pounding away and grind out the game. I havent seen anyone else do this. Most teams like the spread now IS their any all runteams who run the wishbone?

I do not know about KY but do a search for the Barta Bone. I think it is a team in KS. Also while not the bone there are tons of teams in MI that run the dead t. The national average for passes per game is only like 10.

Raceland will run the wishbone at times. "The Bone" is not the main offense ran but they will go into it along with some of the power I, Wing T along with their spread offense.

I am old school and personally love the wishbone, veer, Power I and similar "old schol" type running offenses.

BTW, welcome to bgp Mr. Deeds.

I think you'll see a trend of teams going back to the power game. A lot of teams have opened up their offense with the spread but have had trouble in short distance situations. When they play spread, they tend to finesse and when you can use power football, they can't stop you. Maybe they forgot how it feels to "smack" someone in the 4 hole on a blast or trap.

In the 2004 AA state championship Belfry ran the bone and rushed for 526 yards and only passed the ball twice (one pass was a halfback pass). There is always 8 or 9 in the box on them and they are usually pretty successful in running the ball.

In the 2004 AA state championship Belfry ran the bone and rushed for 526 yards and only passed the ball twice (one pass was a halfback pass). There is always 8 or 9 in the box on them and they are usually pretty successful in running the ball.

Belfry is a prime example of how to run the bone. Power football at it's best.

Raceland will run the wishbone at times. "The Bone" is not the main offense ran but they will go into it along with some of the power I, Wing T along with their spread offense.

I am old school and personally love the wishbone, veer, Power I and similar "old schol" type running offenses.

BTW, welcome to bgp Mr. Deeds.

I have the highest respect for the Raceland coaching staff,they have ran the wishbone for years(starting I guess with Coach Ross)But Raceland will run what ever it takes to win against whatever the circumstances or personnel call for ..:thumb:

If I were a AD I would get my check book out,and yes I love the bone ,you can split it and spread the field ,you can run Air Force style with fullback and two wings with one wing in motion and ride the fullback ,QB keep or pitch to wing ,all kind of neat stuff to get blockers to the out side.Johnson Central runs alot.:thumb:Ashland use to run it for years back in the old days.:sleep:

Belfry hasn't seen 8 or 9 in the box in close to 10 years, in '03 and '04, and ever since Belfry has seen 10 in the box with press coverage on the lone WR... HAHA