Change?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I'll bite. This is TTC's liberal cousin typing this, not TTC lest you be confused.

I'm for O'bama because he will increase taxes for the top taxpayers (who as we all know are evil) and lower taxes for the rest of the country.

O'bama will bring the troops home (all by himself which is impressive)

O'bama will end the recession.

O'bama will begin a 2 way dialogue with terrorists and rogue nations to ask them to stop being mean beans, and they will listen because he speaks so eloquently and from the heart.

O'bama will provide free healthcare for all citizens (and their pets) at an affordable cost.

I better get off here, TTC is pulling into the driveway...............

Spoken like a true politican.

In response to the original question. Unfortunately, if elected Obama will bring about as much change as McCain would. How many politicans actual deliver of their campaign promises. As soon as the oath of office is complete they will immediately begin focusing on their bid for re-election.

This is for you Obama fans. What change do you honestly think Obama will bring to this country as POTUS?

I want to see the opposite change we had when Bush took over for Clinton. The Republican party has had its time and now I think the Democratic party should have a chance to get us back on the right track.

I want to see the opposite change we had when Bush took over for Clinton. The Republican party has had its time and now I think the Democratic party should have a chance to get us back on the right track.

If Obama gets elected, I honestly hope that his administration is not beset by one of the most, if not the most, challenging events ever to take place in the United States of America. The terrorist attacks that happened in 2001. The current administration was also handed a faltering economy that had started the downslide in 1999 with the dotcom bubble bursting. No doubt that there have been some poor decisions made by the Bush administration, but to maintain a positive GDP for 8 straight years when 9/11 was an approximate 5+trillion dollar hit to our economy is remarkable in my opinion...

If we go back to 2000 and Al Gore had been elected, would he have done any better playing the hand that the Bush administration has been dealt? Not sure, but my guess is probably not.

The technology boom that took place in the 80s through the 90s is largely attributed to the reduction of taxes on R&D spending by corporations. Which has led to the huge productivity gains we have seen in the last 25 years.

If Obama gets elected, I honestly hope that his administration is not beset by one of the most, if not the most, challenging events ever to take place in the United States of America. The terrorist attacks that happened in 2001. The current administration was also handed a faltering economy that had started the downslide in 1999 with the dotcom bubble bursting. No doubt that there have been some poor decisions made by the Bush administration, but to maintain a positive GDP for 8 straight years when 9/11 was an approximate 5+trillion dollar hit to our economy is remarkable in my opinion...

If we go back to 2000 and Al Gore had been elected, would he have done any better playing the hand that the Bush administration has been dealt? Not sure, but my guess is probably not.

The technology boom that took place in the 80s through the 90s is largely attributed to the reduction of taxes on R&D spending by corporations. Which has led to the huge productivity gains we have seen in the last 25 years.

There is no place in the P&R forum for facts. Seriously, you make great points especially regarding the GDP.

Good points, but I think Bush made some bad moves. Rep had their time and I think Dem should have a chance to turn this thing around. Just my opinion...

Good points, but I think Bush made some bad moves. Rep had their time and I think Dem should have a chance to turn this thing around. Just my opinion...

Agreed, the Bush administration has made many mistakes, just like any administration. Maybe even more than some. I also think that the dems have had their chance for the last two years by having majorities in both the house and the senate. I have not been impressed with Reid, Pelosi, and company and I am fearful of adding another liberal to the executive branch if he is going to follow his voting record of 95+% of agreeing with their policies...

I shudder at Nationalized Healthcare.

I shudder at higher taxes.

I shudder at greater government control of our lives.

This is for you Obama fans. What change do you honestly think Obama will bring to this country as POTUS?

Not an Obama fan, far from it but the one change is a black man will be the leader of the free world. What change will that bring to the perception and beliefs to the rest of the world? Regardless, that is perhaps the most significant change.

Another change and probably most frustrating to many in Republican leadership is the youth movement in the 18 to 25 crowd. They may not and probably will not vote but their involvement is unprecedented in recent history.

His actual changes politically, probably not much. But then again what did Clinton and Bush really change in the past 16 years?

Very nice post.

I'm not the one with a houseful of guns! :lol:

I'm not paranoid. I do have the ability to see that your olive branch is tipped in poison. :p

If you see that, you are being paranoid. I'm not even going to respond to anyones answers, I just want to see what they honestly believe.

RTS, RM is right. Perhaps it is not YOUR intent to do so, but that is what it will become.
Not from me, I guarantee it.

Not an Obama fan, far from it but the one change is a black man will be the leader of the free world. What change will that bring to the perception and beliefs to the rest of the world? Regardless, that is perhaps the most significant change.

Another change and probably most frustrating to many in Republican leadership is the youth movement in the 18 to 25 crowd. They may not and probably will not vote but their involvement is unprecedented in recent history.

His actual changes politically, probably not much. But then again what did Clinton and Bush really change in the past 16 years?

With perhaps a 60 seat majority in the senate I think there will be dramatic changes. Unfortunately some will be really unfortunate.

I do agree with your first paragraph.