Dick Vitale seriously goes off on Yankees and Mets..Crazy read.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And maybe he was trying to say $100 for a family. What I heard, though, was $100 a ticket.

And who knows, maybe the prices he referenced are for next year.

Maybe that was it. Because when he began the segment he was talking about his friend not going to be able to afford tickets for next season so that could be it.

We paid $42 for tickets to a Reds game last season that were excellent seats. They were great and I would rather sit where we did than at the dugout.

I paid $5 a ticket to sit 3 rows up in the bleachers. I love the seats, reminds me of being on the hilltop. Not a bad place to catch a batting practice homerun either.

I don't blame the Yanks or Mets. It's America! People are paying for the tickets. To me it is a league problem more than a couple of teams problem. If they feel it's a problem then they need to lobby for a cap on tickets.

I think it's highway robber for what they charge for beer + food but people pay it so they do it everywhere.

I watched an episode of Real Sports, last month's addition, and they had a segment about the New York franchises and their 3 new stadiums. They spoke to a Yankees' season ticket holder, and the guy had some jack. He's had seats on the 1st base side at Yankee Stadium since '76. He said in the past 3 seasons the tickets have gone up in price almost double. Currenlty he has 4 tickets, $250 a pop, 81K/ year. He had an appointment with sales for the new park, they made their sales pitch, free parking, seperate restrooms ect. He said that was nice but what was the price, they said $2500, he said for what, they said per seat per game. That's 810K/year, he gave them up, along with almost all the others in his section that have been their for decades, stated they would all be corporate seating.

They also said that one of the reasons for the escalating prices is StubHub. Since MLB and the NFL have gone to StubHub as a partner, they now receive all the data on ticket sales. They knew that the fans were making money buy selling, but now have the data that shows what their true value is. So basically, the fans have made their bed, now they must sleep in it, but you have to wonder when that bubble will burst with the current market plunge.

On the NFL front, they reported that Jerry Jones was asking as much as 150K for a COA for the new Texas Stadium.

I think it's highway robber for what they charge for beer + food but people pay it so they do it everywhere.

That is why we take a cooler with several waters and snacks. We hardly ever buy food or drink at a ballgame. It is ridiculous the price of the concessions.

He said in the past 3 seasons the tickets have gone up in price almost double. Currenlty he has 4 tickets, $250 a pop, 81K/ year. He had an appointment with sales for the new park, they made their sales pitch, free parking, seperate restrooms ect. He said that was nice but what was the price, they said $2500, he said for what, they said per seat per game. That's 810K/year, he gave them up, along with almost all the others in his section that have been their for decades, stated they would all be corporate seating.

81K to 810K, that is unbelievable.

Since when do they let people bring coolers into an MLB game?

I bring a soft cooler to every game at St. Louis. As long as you have plastic containers (no alcohol of course) you can bring drinks in as well. I usually pop some popcorn and bring in other snacks as well.