Dick Vitale seriously goes off on Yankees and Mets..Crazy read.

This morning on Mike & Mike on the Radio on XM satellite I was on my way to campus when Dick Vitale was a guest speaker on the show talking about baseball. He said one of his good friends can't afford tickets to Yankees games next season because they range from $100-850 for regular season tickets. He then proceeded to go off on the Yankees and Mets and how they are ruining the game by having such high ticket prices and how they are price gouging and that they should be penalized. He said it's costing the game of baseball and the kids who want to go to the ballpark and watch a game as well as letting kids be there to watch warm ups and batting practice.

He was genuinely upset about the whole situation and you could tell it was a hot topic for him. He said baseball really needs to look at this and make changes because this is going to kill the game of baseball if they let it continue on.

I say way to go Dickie V!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say he's right on the money. The Yankee's are the posterchild for what a sports organization should NOT be. It makes it a little tough when a regular middle class family has to pay $500 to sit up by the lights at a baseball game. Poor effort by both teams.

The only affordable seats in a lot of stadiums is the upper level which are not good seats. It will come a point with the economy that sports teams will start to suffer. I don't go to as many baseball games as I use to because of pricing. I use ebay, classifieds, and any way to get reduced or cheaper tickets.

The only affordable seats in a lot of stadiums is the upper level which are not good seats. It will come a point with the economy that sports teams will start to suffer. I don't go to as many baseball games as I use to because of pricing. I use ebay, classifieds, and any way to get reduced or cheaper tickets.

He said it's $80 for seats next to the dugout for Rays games.

I say he's right on the money. The Yankee's are the posterchild for what a sports organization should NOT be. It makes it a little tough when a regular middle class family has to pay $500 to sit up by the lights at a baseball game. Poor effort by both teams.

No doubt. However, I do not blame these teams for spending like they do. It is an MLB problem that has gotten way out of hand and the single biggest reason viewership suffers unless a handful of teams are playing.

They do have to pay those high priced players they both have,whether they win or lose.I think all teams should pay players by their production each year.I know that will never happen but the players would have to put out if they wanted to make big money each year.

I heard the segment on Mike and Mike this morning as well; just thoght I'd try to find a site with pricing. Yankees.mlb.com seemed like the logical place.

I do agree with the premise, though. Prices for good seats are sky-high all over; when you factor in food, programs, souvenirs and parking it really gets out of hand.