UFC addiction!

HouseofPain

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You want them to hurt, not to hurt them! Do you think getting tackled feels good? I know it didn't feel great, but it didn't always "hurt" me.

What? :lol:

In order for them to hurt you have to inflict that "hurt" on them correct?

What? :lol:

In order for them to hurt you have to inflict that "hurt" on them correct?

There's a difference, lets say you accidently Poke (man that filter is touchy!)your self with a thumb tack, yea it hurts but are you "hurt" as in injured? No...

I'm assuming you probably played football in your day, when you got stuck real good, did it hurt? Yes! But were you "hurt", no you get up, shake it off and get back to the huddle:thumb:

The determination to inflict bodily harm is the same in MMA as it is in Football.

For instance, when running the ball in a football game, it is wise to speed up, lower the shoulder, and attempt to run over a would be tackler. Does this hurt? Yes. Can this tear an ACL, break a bone, or result in some sort of injury? Yes. Is that the goal? No

In MMA, when you achieve a position of complete dominance you've won the fight. Putting someone in an arm bar isn't to break their arm. Similarly, a key lock isn't to tear a tendon. It's a position of complete dominance and the opponent submits to it. Does it hurt? Yes, while it is "in." Could it result in a broken bone, tendon tear, or other injury? Yes. Is that the goal? Nope.

The determination to inflict bodily harm is the same in MMA as it is in Football.

For instance, when running the ball in a football game, it is wise to speed up, lower the shoulder, and attempt to run over a would be tackler. Does this hurt? Yes. Can this tear an ACL, break a bone, or result in some sort of injury? Yes. Is that the goal? No

In MMA, when you achieve a position of complete dominance you've won the fight. Putting someone in an arm bar isn't to break their arm. Similarly, a key lock isn't to tear a tendon. It's a position of complete dominance and the opponent submits to it. Does it hurt? Yes, while it is "in." Could it result in a broken bone, tendon tear, or other injury? Yes. Is that the goal? Nope.

I'm picking up what you're putting down:thumb:

How many MMA fighters have been paralyzed due to fighting? How many football players have been permanantly injured due to playing football?

Though the goal in football is not to have someone carted off the field, it happens. As people have stated, the goal of MMA is to prove one man is better than the other. Say what you will but as far as I know in the history of the UFC both participants have always WALKED out of the Octagon.

How many MMA fighters have been paralyzed due to fighting? How many football players have been permanantly injured due to playing football?

Though the goal in football is not to have someone carted off the field, it happens. As people have stated, the goal of MMA is to prove one man is better than the other. Say what you will but as far as I know in the history of the UFC both participants have always WALKED out of the Octagon.

As far as the UFC goes, I'm pretty sure they have never had a really serious injury or death.

Were Sam Vasquez or Douglas Dedge in the UFC when they suffered injury's that caused death?

No Sam Vasquez was in some small show in Texas I believe and Douglas Dedge was killed over in Russia or something like that. Dedge had a condition that wouldnt allow him to be cleared to fight in the US so he went over there against doctors orders and fought anyway.

No Sam Vasquez was in some small show in Texas I believe and Douglas Dedge was killed over in Russia or something like that. Dedge had a condition that wouldnt allow him to be cleared to fight in the US so he went over there against doctors orders and fought anyway.

:thumb: