UFC addiction!

HouseofPain

The UFC over time has really cleaned up the sport as far as rules and regulations are concerned. Referee's and Doctors are told to error on the side of caution and they are all about fighter safety.

John McCain tried to get it banned at one time and called it human cockfighting and now has gone on record as saying they have cleaned it up enough where it should now be legal and he is ok with it.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the whole concept is stupid. What is the point in two grown men getting inside a cage and trying to inflict bodily harm on each other?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

The UFC over time has really cleaned up the sport as far as rules and regulations are concerned. Referee's and Doctors are told to error on the side of caution and they are all about fighter safety.

John McCain tried to get it banned at one time and called it human cockfighting and now has gone on record as saying they have cleaned it up enough where it should now be legal and he is ok with it.

Some people think it was shady of McCain to try and ban MMA all throughout the nation. At the time apparently he had economic ties in Boxing, through Budweiser. Was he doing it to try and kill Boxing's competition? Who knows. But it's no secret that he is a huge Boxing fan and dislikes MMA.

Some people think it was shady of McCain to try and ban MMA all throughout the nation. At the time apparently he had economic ties in Boxing, through Budweiser. Was he doing it to try and kill Boxing's competition? Who knows. But it's no secret that he is a huge Boxing fan and dislikes MMA.

He actually wanted MMA outlawed or to be sanctioned, Dana credits him for actually getting it sanctioned in Nevada a few months ago in an interview in Playboy.

He actually wanted MMA outlawed or to be sanctioned, Dana credits him for actually getting it sanctioned in Nevada a few months ago in an interview in Playboy.

Dana White...

On Senator McCain's "human cockfighting" comment and how it helped the UFC:

"John McCain created the UFC. All he meant was, you can't put on illegal fights; you have to be sanctioned by an athletic commission. We agreed."

On who would win in the Octagon, McCain or Obama:

"I would go with Obama. He's younger. Hillary Clinton might kick the [expletive] out of both of them."

On the death of boxing:

"Corruption, fragmentation and greed killed boxing. When I started with the UFC I took all the sh*t I hated about boxing and changed it."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/mma/08/15/dana.white.playboy/index.html

I also did not know how bad Dana hated Tito...

He had it banned in Arizona and tried to get it banned in every other state in the U.S.

He admits that it is better now, but that doesn't change what he tried to do in the past.

And I know what Dana credits him for, I've heard him say it.

Don't get me wrong. I'm glad that MMA is sanctioned. If it weren't sanctioned and if Dana and Frank and Lorenzo had not bought the UFC, MMA would not be as huge as it is now.

As far as the UFC goes, I'm pretty sure they have never had a really serious injury or death.

That's my point! People want to defend football as being different because it has been around so long and is now an accepted form of entertainment. MMA is just now moving mainstream and people want to say there is a difference because men are "fighting" in a different manner.