Raceland/Greenup County Predictions?

sidelinedoc

Raceland at Greenup Co. Winner  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Raceland at Greenup Co. Winner

• Raceland
    • Greenup

Ram players......As has been noted in an earlier post, this is Greenup County's Homecoming!. How does that make you feel being chosen as an opponet for a homecoming game? I don't know about now but at one time players took that as an insult. GCHS must think they are going to run over you for a homecomng celebration :sssh:....................Just a little something to think about.:D

OUCH!! Talk about adding fuel to the fire, lol.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for the sake of arguement, I'll be the one person on here to go against the grain.

GC 24

Raceland 21

Come and get me boys.LOL

I certainly don't have problem with it. You are a GC fan and showing support for your Muskies!

(and that is still one heck of a bass :thumb:)

Just for the sake of arguement, I'll be the one person on here to go against the grain.

GC 24

Raceland 21

Come and get me boys.LOL

No problem here, you might be right. We won't know until 10:00pm Friday.

Ram players......As has been noted in an earlier post, this is Greenup County's Homecoming!. How does that make you feel being chosen as an opponet for a homecoming game? I don't know about now but at one time players took that as an insult. GCHS must think they are going to run over you for a homecomng celebration :sssh:....................Just a little something to think about.:D

Im sure they think they will run over the Rams, Because it is Home Coming for GC.

Great game for GC to show that their the team to beat!

Good luck Greenup!

I hope Raceland can stop the great Greenup Co. QB. He is tuff to beat. They better put the RUSH on him. Or he will eat the rams up. Raceland need to take this game like it is last one they will ever play. Greenup Co. is ready to play hard nose football after the big win last week. Good luck Rams.

Rams MUST come ready to Play!!

:thumb:That is the understatement of the year. Anything less than total focus on the game plan, assigments and total concetration and effort on every play then the Rams go home with a loss. This team is not good enough to go out and give a less than total effort and still get a win.

:thumb:That is the understatement of the year. Anything less than total focus on the game plan, assigments and total concetration and effort on every play then the Rams go home with a loss. This team is not good enough to go out and give a less than total effort and still get a win.

You're exactly right, you're never as good as you think you are. Raceland has to show up mentally for every game. Greenup is very capable of handing Raceland their butts, no doubt about it.

Every week we hear about how Raceland must give a SUPERHUMAN effort just to keep from being destroyed. You guys must have gone to the Lou Holtz school of locker-room psychology.

:D:D:D Just doing my part to liven up the discussion. Good luck to both teams, but I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that I'm pulling for the 1A school.

Every week we hear about how Raceland must give a SUPERHUMAN effort just to keep from being destroyed. You guys must have gone to the Lou Holtz school of locker-room psychology.

:D:D:D Just doing my part to liven up the discussion. Good luck to both teams, but I wouldn't be truthful if I didn't say that I'm pulling for the 1A school.

Get your stirring stick out and go to work.:D

In all seriousness, Raceland does have to play beyond their ability. Greenup County normally plays very hard against Raceland, and holds a lead in the series, I believe. Raceland's worse nightmare would be a mental let down in this game.

To compete on the state level, and to go deep in the playoffs, a team has to learn to be prepared each and every week, that is what separates the great teams and good teams. Once the playoffs begin, there is no mulligans, you have to bring your "A" game every week. And, the regular season is preparation for the playoffs, so Raceland needs to learn this now, in stead of later.

Great teams play great every week, no exceptions.

Play like a Champion.

Get your stirring stick out and go to work.:D

In all seriousness, Raceland does have to play beyond their ability. Greenup County normally plays very hard against Raceland, and holds a lead in the series, I believe. Raceland's worse nightmare would be a mental let down in this game.

To compete on the state level, and to go deep in the playoffs, a team has to learn to be prepared each and every week, that is what separates the great teams and good teams. Once the playoffs begin, there is no mulligans, you have to bring your "A" game every week. And, the regular season is preparation for the playoffs, so Raceland needs to learn this now, in stead of later.

Play like a Champion.

A serious question, maybe for another thread sometime. I've often heard it argued that a loss is often more beneficial than a win. Players start listening to their coaches, they now BELIEVE that they're no longer invincible. Mason County's basketball team got whipped in the last regular-season game this past season; and we know how that ended up. So the question - can a loss sometimes be better than a win? No one likes to lose, but...

On the other hand, if a team goes into the playoffs with an undefeated record, that has to inspire confidence.

In all seriousness, I think that the Rams will head into the Halloween game undefeated.

A serious question, maybe for another thread sometime. I've often heard it argued that a loss is often more beneficial than a win. Players start listening to their coaches, they now BELIEVE that they're no longer invincible. Mason County's basketball team got whipped in the last regular-season game this past season; and we know how that ended up. So the question - can a loss sometimes be better than a win? No one likes to lose, but...

On the other hand, if a team goes into the playoffs with an undefeated record, that has to inspire confidence.

In all seriousness, I think that the Rams will head into the Halloween game undefeated.

To briefly get off topic: I don't think a loss is ever a good thing. If a team looses, it could be a wake up call, but if a team never looses, they must be already listening to their coaches, or they would not be undefeated, thus making a loss to re-focus null and void. Just my opinion.

Great teams win, that is not to say that you have to be undefeated to be great, but you can never except defeat as a good thing.

Back to our regularly scheduled thread.

Play like a Champion.

:thumb: That one comment says it all Ram, Any good team (or any other team for that matter) can never be satisfied. Whenever you think that you are as good as you possibly can be......well, that means just that, you have quit and you are as good as you are going to get and that is when you will lose.;)

Last week was a huge win over a very, very good football team. Last weeks win also counts "0" in this weeks game. I seriously doubt that GCHS will forfiet bc we beat LCA.

After all Ram players, you have been chosen as GC's homecoming date ;).