Best wing in the state

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he meant Hood, then my mistake.

I'm not trying to make an aurgement for Ferguson being better than this player or that player, I simply stated that he was the best scorer in the state and was TOP 10 wing player in the state.

Can Ferguson play anything but the 2 position? Who knows right now because he has never had to. Honestly, I think he can but I won't aurge that point because no one on this board has ever witnessed anything but him playing the 2. What I will aurge though, is that if he can't, he will learn to. Ferg has an unbelieveable work ethic and at the next level, if necessary, he can be taugh to play other positions.

When you say he is the best scorer in the state you have to look at who Elliott Co. plays against. You can't just say well he had a big game against CovCath and then he scored a lot in a bunch of blowouts in the 16th region and say he is the best scorer in the state. If he were in the 11th or 7th region he wouldn't score near as much IMO. I also don't think he is a top wing in the state. I guess we can just agree to disagree.:thumb:

When you say he is the best scorer in the state you have to look at who Elliott Co. plays against. You can't just say well he had a big game against CovCath and then he scored a lot in a bunch of blowouts in the 16th region and say he is the best scorer in the state. If he were in the 11th or 7th region he wouldn't score near as much IMO. I also don't think he is a top wing in the state. I guess we can just agree to disagree.:thumb:

Where I agree some games Elliott played last year wasn't a great assessment for Ferguson's scoring ability, I disagree in a sense as well. If you look at the games where Elliott was challenged, those are the games Ferguson usually shined the most in. Christian County, thoughout the 5/3rd that included games with North Oldham, Grace Academy, and Cov Cath, Hunington High, both Mason County games were all 25+ point nights for Ferguson with some being 30+.

What if a player goes for 18 points in a win over say Rose Hill and only plays 2 quarters worth of time? The reason that player getting just 2 quarters is due to their team being up 25+ points and calling off the dogs. The player didn't go for 30, but helped his team to an easy win. Does this classify as an elite scorer?

What if a player goes for 18 points in a win over say Rose Hill and only plays 2 quarters worth of time? The reason that player getting just 2 quarters is due to their team being up 25+ points and calling off the dogs. The player didn't go for 30, but helped his team to an easy win. Does this classify as an elite scorer?

Good question. Similar situation would be a player that is in a system that is defensive oriented and does not generate the same number of scoring opportunities as a run and gun team. Can't be an elite scorer there either.

Where I agree some games Elliott played last year wasn't a great assessment for Ferguson's scoring ability, I disagree in a sense as well. If you look at the games where Elliott was challenged, those are the games Ferguson usually shined the most in. Christian County, thoughout the 5/3rd that included games with North Oldham, Grace Academy, and Cov Cath, Hunington High, both Mason County games were all 25+ point nights for Ferguson with some being 30+.

I see 2 quality teams on there in Mason Co. and Cov Cath where he scored a lot. If I am not mistaken only 1 of those 3 games where close.

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

For what it's worth, and amongst this crowd it obviously ain't much, I don't know how many Ferguson scored against Rose Hill in the regional tournament, but he didn't score much against them in the all-A. So, to say he simply ran through the 16th because of lack of resistance is not a valid point, IMO. I will never say he can't score, I've seen it time and time again. And if you want to classify him as a wing, then I'd agree he's a top 10 player there. All I'm saying is that I think that there are several I'd prefer if I had the option of selecting a few. I had better remove myself from this debate, I can see some toes are getting stepped on, which makes this thread no different from any of the others prior to the seasons start. Perhaps we can start a basketball advertising forum so promoters can take out ads for their own.:D

Unbelievable.:rolleyes:

For what it's worth, and amongst this crowd it obviously ain't much, I don't know how many Ferguson scored against Rose Hill in the regional tournament, but he didn't score much against them in the all-A. So, to say he simply ran through the 16th because of lack of resistance is not a valid point, IMO. I will never say he can't score, I've seen it time and time again. And if you want to classify him as a wing, then I'd agree he's a top 10 player there. All I'm saying is that I think that there are several I'd prefer if I had the option of selecting a few. I had better remove myself from this debate, I can see some toes are getting stepped on, which makes this thread no different from any of the others prior to the seasons start. Perhaps we can start a basketball advertising forum so promoters can take out ads for their own.:D

Well said !:thumb:

I see 2 quality teams on there in Mason Co. and Cov Cath where he scored a lot. If I am not mistaken only 1 of those 3 games where close.

Ask Team Philly if he can score. Ask Michigan Mustangs if he can score. Ask Las Vegas Prospects if he can score. Ask all the other teams he scored 30 on this summer if he can score. Ferguson averaged somewhere around 21-23 points a game this summer on the AAU circuit. You take who you want, I'll take Ferguson.

Ask Team Philly if he can score. Ask Michigan Mustangs if he can score. Ask Las Vegas Prospects if he can score. Ask all the other teams he scored 30 on this summer if he can score. Ferguson averaged somewhere around 21-23 points a game this summer on the AAU circuit. You take who you want, I'll take Ferguson.

Well said!!:thumb:

Is there anyone on here really disputing that Ferguson can score? I haven't read that at all, unless I overlooked something.

No! But they are not giving him the credit he deserves and RA09 is taking a stand for him. As an ex coach it's been my understanding that scoring is a very very big part of the game. The team who has the most points at the end wins. Anyway Ferguson is not just a scorer as everyone projects him to be. I have followed his career( as I have several other's around the state)

and according to news, internet reportings, etc he also averaged 2steals,

3asst, and 6 rebounds per game. This thread is about wings and it is a wings

job to score and noone in the state up to this point does that as well as Ferguson has during his high school games. Throw in his rebounds, assist, and steals, and you have a complete

player with more heart and grit than most of those mentioned over him.

No! But they are not giving him the credit he deserves and RA09 is taking a stand for him. As an ex coach it's been my understanding that scoring is a very very big part of the game. The team who has the most points at the end wins. Anyway Ferguson is not just a scorer as everyone projects him to be. I have followed his career( as I have several other's around the state)

and according to news, internet reportings, etc he also averaged 2steals,

3asst, and 6 rebounds per game. This thread is about wings and it is a wings

job to score and noone in the state up to this point does that as well as Ferguson has during his high school games. Throw in his rebounds, assist, and steals, and you have a complete

player with more heart and grit than most of those mentioned over him.

Very well said.:ylsuper:

RA09 you might as well give it up. Ferguson and the Faulkner twins will never get the credit they deserve because they are at a very small school. You will not get through to anyone. Those kids have done enough in the last few years in high school and summer and everyone has sat by and watched them do nothing but win, and still do not give them a just due. Might as well let it rest.

I thought I already said that IMO that there is very little defense being played in AAU games. In my eyes its not too hard to tell that very little defense is being played if you watch many AAU games. I am not saying he isn't a good scorer. He is. But its hard to put much stock in summer games IMO.