DNC: Obama Speech

Um...... how about honesty?

Mondale tried that in '84 when he said: "I'm going to tell you what he won't (Reagan). Taxes will have to be raised. He won't tell you, I just did."

Not that it was the deciding factor in that race by any means but lets say Fritz Mondale pretty much buried the straight honesty speech that night. :lol:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Hindu's drove planes into our buildings. If I recall correctly, he's a Christian now, and he is only 37 years old, so he's got a bright future. Him gaining support from conservatives is the least of his problems.

Not OUR buildings but you might check out the history of Hindu and Muslim strife in India/Pakistan that has raged for 70 years.

Not all Hindus are like Gahndi.

Hey Obama may be our next President for a long time. If he wins the Dems will be able to do anything they want. Ive heard him already more than a few times talk about doing away with term limits. As he stated we already have term limits in what we call elections.

:rolleyes: Can the fear hyperbole get any crazier? Do you know what it would take to do what you said? Maybe you need to re-examine how an Constitutional Amendment is made because that is what it would take to undo term limits on a President. It has nothing to do with Congress. 2/3 of the states have to ratify it.

Not OUR buildings but you might check out the history of Hindu and Muslim strife in India/Pakistan that has raged for 70 years.

Not all Hindus are like Gahndi.

You know how it is, Hatz. The only time we pay attention to that stuff is when it affects us.

Sounded good, how is he going to pay for all of that? Answer: we (ALL of us) are going to get taxed out the Wazoo! Nobama will follow the Clinton plan used of cutting the military drastically, He (Obama) cares about as much about the military as cigar Bill did......he doesn't.

As for the rest of the Barock Hussein Obama speech, typical speech from a convention platform to his supporters. All sounds good with no intention of followig through or how to do it if even wanted to.

Senator Obama now has two things on his resume, two speeches at a convention, one a few years ago and now this one. Other than that...................nothing.

Who do you think voted Bobby Jindal into the Louisiana governor's office? Louisiana Republicans will never be confused with those from New England. If Jindal plays well in the deep south, chances are he will eventually be a nationwide hit.

Governor is one thing, Prez is another. You really think the majority of Americans can differentiate between India and the middle east? I think not.

Two excerpts from Obama's acceptance speech that had impact to me:

1. For -- for while -- while Senator McCain was turning his sights to Iraq just days after 9/11, I stood up and opposed this war, knowing that it would distract us from the real threats that we face.

When John McCain said we could just muddle through in Afghanistan, I argued for more resources and more troops to finish the fight against the terrorists who actually attacked us on 9/11, and made clear that we must take out Osama bin Laden and his lieutenants if we have them in our sights.

You know, John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

2.If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.

And you know what? It's worked before, because it feeds into the cynicism we all have about government. When Washington doesn't work, all its promises seem empty. If your hopes have been dashed again and again, then it's best to stop hoping and settle for what you already know.

I get it. I realize that I am not the likeliest candidate for this office. I don't fit the typical pedigree, and I haven't spent my career in the halls of Washington. But I stand before you tonight because all across America something is stirring. What the naysayers don't understand is that this election has never been about me; it's about you.

I don't think Hindu's drove planes into our buildings. If I recall correctly, he's a Christian now, and he is only 37 years old, so he's got a bright future. Him gaining support from conservatives is the least of his problems.

So is Obama!

The Christian Right has no tolerance (remember Kennedy was CATHOLIC), that was a no no, so I doubt a former Hindu would cut the mustard.

Two excerpts from Obama's acceptance speech that had impact to me:

1. For -- for while -- while Senator McCain was turning his sights to Iraq just days after 9/11, I stood up and opposed this war, knowing that it would distract us from the real threats that we face.

When John McCain said we could just muddle through in Afghanistan, I argued for more resources and more troops to finish the fight against the terrorists who actually attacked us on 9/11, and made clear that we must take out Osama bin Laden and his lieutenants if we have them in our sights.

You know, John McCain likes to say that he'll follow bin Laden to the gates of Hell, but he won't even follow him to the cave where he lives.

2.If you don't have a record to run on, then you paint your opponent as someone people should run from. You make a big election about small things.

And you know what? It's worked before, because it feeds into the cynicism we all have about government. When Washington doesn't work, all its promises seem empty. If your hopes have been dashed again and again, then it's best to stop hoping and settle for what you already know.

I get it. I realize that I am not the likeliest candidate for this office. I don't fit the typical pedigree, and I haven't spent my career in the halls of Washington. But I stand before you tonight because all across America something is stirring. What the naysayers don't understand is that this election has never been about me; it's about you.

Some fluff, some truth, some lies. It's all in the delivery.

So is Obama!

The Christian Right has no tolerance (remember Kennedy was CATHOLIC), that was a no no, so I doubt a former Hindu would cut the mustard.

Never said Obama wasn't. Those who make a candidates faith a basis for their vote don't deserve a vote as far as I'm concerned.

Sounded good, how is he going to pay for all of that? Answer: we (ALL of us) are going to get taxed out the Wazoo! Nobama will follow the Clinton plan used of cutting the military drastically, He (Obama) cares about as much about the military as cigar Bill did......he doesn't.

As for the rest of the Barock Hussein Obama speech, typical speech from a convention platform to his supporters. All sounds good with no intention of followig through or how to do it if even wanted to.

Senator Obama now has two things on his resume, two speeches at a convention, one a few years ago and now this one. Other than that...................nothing.

How do you figure, care to explain?

You will hear the same empty promises next week as well.

That's not what I heard tonight. Palin spoke of all what she and McCain will do, and backed it up with examples of what they've done in the past. I guess that's the primary difference... Obama hasn't done anything in the past to use as an example. :thumb: