Media bias for Obama

It seems to me that during the primary, everyone was complaining of a bias toward Hillary. I seem to remember the "Clinton News Network."

Was there a slant back in 2000 or 2008? I don't remember there being one. Could it possibly be that McCain is just not as exciting, therefore less of an attention grabber?

NO, NO, NO.

Hillary and Bill were complaining about the media's soft glove touch of Obama before Super Tuesday in February.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: Seriously, would you watch it if it weren't? :lol: You are one of the gungho's for Fox news, and that's because it tilts to the right. :lol:

Not me, you must have me mixed up with some other ladies bball coach. I hardly watch any of the three. Maybe, maybe a combined 2 hours per week. Heck I watch Stewart and Colbert more than I watch the talking heads shows.

NOW, I do admit, I loved Tim Russert, George Snuggaloufus and Chris Matthews (on at 6:00 AM on Sunday morning).

Can only take OReilly, Hannity and Combs in small doses.

I am a newspaper and Internet reader and of course rely on BGP to keep me abreast.

Not me, you must have me mixed up with some other ladies bball coach. I hardly watch any of the three. Maybe, maybe a combined 2 hours per week. Heck I watch Stewart and Colbert more than I watch the talking heads shows.

NOW, I do admit, I loved Tim Russert, George Snuggaloufus and Chris Matthews (on at 6:00 AM on Sunday morning).

Can only take OReilly, Hannity and Combs in small doses.

I am a newspaper and Internet reader and of course rely on BGP to keep me abreast.

I love watching Stewart and Colbert. I loved Tim Russert also and will miss his opinions greatly. I like Chris Matthews - he reminds me of a rabid dog:lol: I cannot take O'Reilly and Hannity...Combs is just o-kay for me.

I read a lot on the internet but like you, I read a lot on BGP. I am amazed at some of the posters because they seem so smart and so informed. And no I am not includng myself in te last sentence:D

It seems to me that during the primary, everyone was complaining of a bias toward Hillary. I seem to remember the "Clinton News Network."

Was there a slant back in 2000 or 2008? I don't remember there being one. Could it possibly be that McCain is just not as exciting, therefore less of an attention grabber?

What are you saying "NO, NO, NO" to?

You said that in the primary, the claims were made that Hillary was getting all the exposure.

When the opposite was being said by the Clintons. They were making the accurate claim that Obama was getting the soft glove treatment.

Over and over the Clinton camp was complaining about just the opposite of what you said.

I said that people on BGP were commenting that Hillary was getting all the attention. I guarentee that I heard the CNN=Clinton News Network on here.

That was from the 90's. That network has turned into the Obama, all-the-time network now.

They are to Obama what ESPN is to Brett Favre.

I said that people on BGP were commenting that Hillary was getting all the attention. I guarentee that I heard the CNN=Clinton News Network on here.
Examples? I am not aware of anybody who claimed that the media was favoring Hillary over Obama, so please point them out to us.

RTS, if you are so concerned about all the attention that Obama is getting, why do you single-handedly keep the BGP buzz going by starting threads about him? :lol:

You know, there's no such thing as "bad" publicity. :lol: :p

Seriously, one of my favorite posts in P&R the past few months.

There is nothing that I'd rather have then no Obama threads. Any mention of Obama should begin with "The policies of Obama" or "Obama's stance". Then, we could have one large thread for a "Track Obama's Personal Problems, Ex-Relationships, Poor Word Usage, Elitist Comments" etc. I hate most these threads.

Examples? I am not aware of anybody who claimed that the media was favoring Hillary over Obama, so please point them out to us.

I'm not going to go through thousands of posts to find them. Again, I first learned of the "Clinton News Network" here a few months ago. Feel free to disbelieve if you want.

All three major networks are sending anchors to follow Obama on his world tour. Unheard of, particularly for a guy running for office.

That's nothing unusual. Every rockstar travels with his groupies.