Media bias for Obama

So was Hitler....:D

So was John F. Kennedy...and because of him we beat the Soviets to the moon. So was Martin Luther King, Jr, and because of him, Civil Rights in our country gained ground.

One of my problems with McCain is that he does not excite me at all. I do watch clips of him from the various networks and never once have I been excited. I have laughed at some of his jokes. Obama does bring some excitement to the table.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought discrepencies like this were not legal?

Obama scares the bejeezus out of me.

Wait until he is the president it will be even more scary to me, and I'm already pretty scared.

So does that put you firmly in the "it ain't gonna happen" camp?

I don't know about firmly. But, it's safe to say I have my doubts and have from the beginning.

It's definitely a possibility that Obama could win. But, personally, I wouldn't bet on it. I just don't think it will happen.

What scares the two of you about him?

Honestly for me I just don't trust him. His pastor for 20 years is a bigot and then some plus his wife said she's never been proud about America until he chose to run for the president or something along those lines. He's being treated w/ kid gloves by the media and he's got a good chance to become president b/c of it.

The "equal time" clause went away at the same time media ownership deregulation came in back in the '90s.

True. And I think the bias this election cycle is more tilted for one reason, ... Obama is an historic candidate. Understand, that I am not a fan of his (or any politician for that matter), but we have to recognize the significance of this nomination even if he doesn't win. Is it fair? No. But it is what it is.

Couldn't sleep and was watching some of the middle of the night talk shows and one of them alluded to a study that said from the major news networks, Obama received and average of 114 minutes of coverage for the month of June and McCain did not recieve 1/2 that much.

IN ADDITION, all 3 major networks are sending their ANCHORS to cover the Obama trip to Iraq. McCain's last trip received no ANCHORS.

It seems Hillary's claim of the networks creating the Obama candidacy holds water.

I agree, the mainstream media today is so Obama bias it is sickining :rolleyes:, imo this will only get much worse as the campaign goes on. I felt this way during the primary's some but nothing to what is going on now. Sad thing is that there will no doubt be a large pct. of the viewers buy into this charade :irked:, mostly the younger crowd imo.

All that I have to say is that I won't be watching or buying into the media/Obama love fest. :D

It seems to me that during the primary, everyone was complaining of a bias toward Hillary. I seem to remember the "Clinton News Network."

Was there a slant back in 2000 or 2008? I don't remember there being one. Could it possibly be that McCain is just not as exciting, therefore less of an attention grabber?

It seems to me that during the primary, everyone was complaining of a bias toward Hillary. I seem to remember the "Clinton News Network."

I am not the one that called CNN that but I will say that I thought the bias toward Hillary would be terrible as well, turned out it was the bias for Obama that was obvious.

Plus, I can be non bias bc I frankly didn't like either one :sssh:. :D