How do You Like Your Steaks?

UKMustangFan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the difference?

Typically ground beef is made from the less tender and less popular cuts of beef. The better the quality of meat, the better off you are. You do not make steak tartar from leftover cow scraps.

Typically ground beef is made from the less tender and less popular cuts of beef. The better the quality of meat, the better off you are. You do not make steak tartar from leftover cow scraps.

Without looking for links to back it up, I'm going to disagree. A cow is a very nasty animal. A cow will drink from a pond where other cows are standing and relieving themselves. The auction barn, the feedlot, and the slaughterhouse are some of the most bacteria ridden places imaginable. I want any meat that I eat to be well cooked regardless of the cut.

Ground beef is more dangerous because contaminants can be mixed throughout it during the processing. Whereas with a steak, contaminants would most likely be confined to the surface, where proper cooking would ensure destruction.

As I said before, I like my steak medium rare; but when it comes to hamburger, I don't want to see any pink.