Rewards in Heaven.

Not sure if this has been discussed, if it has sorry.

Any thoughts? Will Billy Graham be treated differently than me? Or what about a 74 year Old who accepts salvation at the age of 73 and passes away at 76? Compared to a Christian who accepted the LORD at the age of 10?

A Christian accepts the LORD at the age of 20 something and a year later stops attending worship, stops praying daily, doesn't share the word with others, doesn't sing praises to the LORD, doesn't give an offering, avoids the Lord Supper, doesn't confess their sins daily and ask for forgiveness, and passes at the age of 45 with none of these things done?

I'll give scripture later, I'll let others comment.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt that there are many different rewards in Heaven. And people will not be treated equally and the same while in Heaven.

All will be saved, but Billy Graham will not have the same rewards as I.

Isn't that the same thing????

Isn't that the same thing????

No, the same is identical.

Equal is at a level that is the comparable but not identical.

For example, same would all be receiving identical rewards.

Equal would be receiving comparable rewards but they are not identical.

As a coach, I can treat all as equals but not treat everyone the same.

There is no doubt that there are many different rewards in Heaven. And people will not be treated equally and the same while in Heaven.

All will be saved, but Billy Graham will not have the same rewards as I.

How do you envision it using the examples that AL gave?

I've always looked at it as in you're in or you're out.

I guess it is a fairly interesting discussion, but does it really matter? I actually agree with acemona (somewhat) when he says that Christians focus way too much on salvation instead of doing God's will.

It is important to strive to be in heaven, but does discussing who "gets" what in heaven really do anything for us?

Anyways, on the topic, I never see Heaven as something with rewards. When I was young, my father explained to me that I could play Nintendo 64 all day and every day, but I've grown out of that. I believe that Heaven is simply being closer to God. (At risk of sounding corny) I don't know of what "rewards" could be better than that.

What greater reward can their be than actually seeing the face of God? I believe that we try to "humanize" the rewards of salvation. There is only salvation. There is no "reward" other than attaining the ultimate, heaven, IMO.

At judgement everyone will be divided into two categories the sheep will be on the right and the goats on the left. I really want to be on the right.

It is kind of like when I took the CPA exam. Sure there were statewide rewards for highest score and certificates for passing all 4 parts on the first try but really what it all boiled down to is did you pass or didn't you.

What do you do with Jesus' parable about the workers in the Vineyard? Each received the same pay despite some who toiled all day and some only a few hours. Remember the master's response? "You got what I promised to give you. If I choose to give the same to these others, what business is that of yours?"

What do you do with Jesus' parable about the workers in the Vineyard? Each received the same pay despite some who toiled all day and some only a few hours. Remember the master's response? "You got what I promised to give you. If I choose to give the same to these others, what business is that of yours?"

Good example.