Rewards in Heaven.

No, but even the bathrooms/basements would be fit for a king.

Absolutely, you are correct. I will live in a crawlspace if necessary as long as I have a spot in heaven.:thumb:

BUT, you are saying that we will have have different living arrangements (whatever that means?????) in Heaven. We won't all have the identical rooms.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You earn rewards. Who is rewarded without earning it? You earn your way to heaven. Even if you've accepted Christ, if you continue to live a life of questionable morals, believing in Christ, you still won't get to heaven.

As to the mansion and it's rooms, there's room for all, not that one is better than the other.

Please support that with Scripture.

Mom...Matthew 16:27 "For the son of Man is going to COME, in his Father's Glory, with his Angels, and THEN he will REWARD EACH PERSON According to WHAT he has done".

here was a verse I was gonna use later, bit I'll use it now...Revelation 20:12...And I saw the dead, great and small standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened which is the Book Of Life, the dead were judged according to what they have done as RECORDED in this book".

Now Momma (my wife) reminded me not to make like we should go out and start doing good things to get into this book, as Christians we don't need to start doing good deeds, just obey the Bible is what I told her.

I'm showing people that even my wife and I sometimes differ on certain verses, but we love each other. So we can do that too on here.

It just doesn't make any sense to me. Is heaven really paradise if it has to be made better with additional rewards? Is inequity a hallmark of heaven?

I don't understand the bolded queston.

But let me say this that might answer your question, I don't think the human mind can fathom what heaven and eternal salvation will truly be like. I don't think the human mind can fathom what God truly is. I think there is a lot about God and the way things were, are and will be that the human mind can fathom.

Mom...Matthew 16:27 "For the son of Man is going to COME, in his Father's Glory, with his Angels, and THEN he will REWARD EACH PERSON According to WHAT he has done".

here was a verse I was gonna use later, bit I'll use it now...Revelation 20:12...And I saw the dead, great and small standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened which is the Book Of Life, the dead were judged according to what they have done as RECORDED in this book".

Now Momma (my wife) reminded me not to make like we should go out and start doing good things to get into this book, as Christians we don't need to start doing good deeds, just obey the Bible is what I told her.

I'm showing people that even my wife and I sometimes differ on certain verses, but we love each other. So we can do that too on here.

First thing that popped in my mind was Tom Cruise asking Jack Nicholson, "Why the two orders?"

If there is not difference, why the two books?

Please support that with Scripture.

See then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22)

Paul tells us: "For God will reward every man according to his works: to those who by perseverance in working good seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. There will be . . . glory and honor and peace for every one who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. For God shows no partiality" (Rom. 2:6–11; cf. Gal. 6:6–10).

As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)

Sanctifying grace stays in the soul. It’s what makes the soul holy; it gives the soul supernatural life. More properly, it is supernatural life.

Actual grace, by contrast, is a supernatural push or encouragement. It’s transient. It doesn’t live in the soul, but acts on the soul from the outside, so to speak. It’s a supernatural kick in the pants. It gets the will and intellect moving so we can seek out and keep sanctifying grace.

See then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness; otherwise you too will be cut off" (Rom. 11:22)

Paul tells us: "For God will reward every man according to his works: to those who by perseverance in working good seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. There will be . . . glory and honor and peace for every one who does good, the Jew first and also the Greek. For God shows no partiality" (Rom. 2:6–11; cf. Gal. 6:6–10).

As the Bible says, I am already saved (Rom. 8:24, Eph. 2:5–8), but I’m also being saved (1 Cor. 1:8, 2 Cor. 2:15, Phil. 2:12), and I have the hope that I will be saved (Rom. 5:9–10, 1 Cor. 3:12–15). Like the apostle Paul I am working out my salvation in fear and trembling (Phil. 2:12), with hopeful confidence in the promises of Christ (Rom. 5:2, 2 Tim. 2:11–13)

Sanctifying grace stays in the soul. It’s what makes the soul holy; it gives the soul supernatural life. More properly, it is supernatural life.

Actual grace, by contrast, is a supernatural push or encouragement. It’s transient. It doesn’t live in the soul, but acts on the soul from the outside, so to speak. It’s a supernatural kick in the pants. It gets the will and intellect moving so we can seek out and keep sanctifying grace.

I agree totally. :thumb: But wanted you to show this because I think there are a lot of Christians who DON'T do this and endangering themselves. THanks for taking some Scripture to show them this.

Thanks again, I think at times, it comes across better from someone else than a poster who has always been posting this type of stuff.

I agree totally. :thumb: But wanted you to show this because I think there are a lot of Christians who DON'T do this and endangering themselves. THanks for taking some Scripture to show them this.

Thanks again, I think at times, it comes across better from someone else than a poster who has always been posting this type of stuff.

Great, and I come off looking like a nun. :lol: :D

I don't understand the bolded queston.[/QUOTe]

I mean that if there are rewards, then some will be greater benefactors than others, thus unequal. Inequity doesn't sound like my idea of heaven.

But let me say this that might answer your question, I don't think the human mind can fathom what heaven and eternal salvation will truly be like. I don't think the human mind can fathom what God truly is. I think there is a lot about God and the way things were, are and will be that the human mind can fathom.

I agree with that, but, in my mind, it just makes the idea of additional rewards in heaven that much more ridiculous.

I mean that if there are rewards, then some will be greater benefactors than others, thus unequal. Inequity doesn't sound like my idea of heaven.

I agree with that, but, in my mind, it just makes the idea of additional rewards in heaven that much more ridiculous.

All of your family and loves ones are in Heaven and you get to spend a lifetime with them.

Mine are not.

Is Heaven an equal place for both of us?

All of your family and loves ones are in Heaven and you get to spend a lifetime with them.

Mine are not.

That is an interesting point and I will give it more thought. But, the issue remains that our situation was not brought about by our own actions but the actions of others. If heaven were perfect, then how could it be more perfect with these rewards?

That is an interesting point and I will give it more thought. But, the issue remains that our situation was not brought about by our own actions but the actions of others. If heaven were perfect, then how could it be more perfect with these rewards?

I don't think rewards even more perfect.

But let me ask you this.

Without some differentiate in heaven, do you think that we will all eat the exact same things and the exact same quantities everytime we eat? Me and you will always have the same food? The same jobs? We will do the same things, me and you EXACTLY the same for all of eternity?

If not, and you will do something that fits you better than me, you are rewarded, I am rewarded but neither of us have a more perfect heaven.

It is simply more perfectly suited for me and more perfectly suited for you.

But what is perfectly suited for me, might not and probably not be perfectly suited for you.

Another way to look at it is to put it in an analogy of today. WE work at the same job and they want to give us rewards. You are young and single and want a pay increase. I have a family and want more vacation time. We could have different rewards where you get a bump in pay and I get another 2 weeks vacation time to spend with my kids and we both have received rewards but was it unequal?

Mine are not.

Again, I say we're trying to "humanize" the experience. One could argue, that while in the presence of God, there is no regret for loved ones that aren't there, for instance. There is just the joy of being with God.