Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Josh Hamilton Article

Featured Replies

The issues involved jealousy, anyway you wanna spin it.

 

A little but thats not really what I am talking about.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The issues involved jealousy, anyway you wanna spin it.

Jealous that he needed a babysitter? Jealous that he couldn't stay on the field? Jealous that a crack addict was getting all the attention for finally getting his life back in order?

 

I don't think he was liked, and I don't think he did much to change the perception of him amongst his teammates...

If you ever hear Marty B talk about the situation he gets pretty heated about it and doesn't have very many kind things to say about Josh when he was here.

Jealous that he needed a babysitter? Jealous that he couldn't stay on the field? Jealous that a crack addict was getting all the attention for finally getting his life back in order?

 

I don't think he was liked, and I don't think he did much to change the perception of him amongst his teammates...

 

 

 

Yes, those were some of the things. He got along with those who tried to know him. He and Freel got along the best, but there were some who just knew of his past, and felt he was treated different (and he was) and they didn't like that. A few never wanted to get to know him, and it's kinda funny, they all have big ego's. He was the feel good story last year, and he took alot of their camara time, so to speak.

 

I wish him well, but I'll take Volquez.

Okay I will be the one to ask.

 

Who were the 4? And what were the specifics that they did not like?

 

Are you serious in saying that they were jealous because he had a babysitter, never allowed himself to have more than $20 and would not drive himself around because he did not trust himself????

 

They are that petty that he was a crack addict trying to get his life together and it took some of the spotlight from them????

 

The actions that he did not take were what? Not hanging out in the lifestyle that he could not say no to and led him to be a crack addict???

 

Or did it have some basis in his Christianity and leaning on it to change his life and giving the credit to God. And then not being shy about giving that credit to God.

Oh poor Josh. :cry: :rolleyes:

 

"Poor Josh" as you call him :rolleyes: has had the guts to overcome something that has buried most, both professionally and personally not to mention "literally".

I am pulling fr Hamilton all the way and I quite frankly believe him. I obviously don't know who the ones were but I think that I can just about guess a couple of them anyway. IMO that is one thing that is wrong with the Reds. I have had the feeling for quite a while that it wasn't a very close clubhouse. There are imo a couple of players that cannot stand sharing the spotlight on what has been a bad baseball team. Maybe, just maybe things wouldn't be so bad is we had more "team" guys and less "Me" guys.

 

I know that the Reds needed pitching in the worst way and I am happy with Volquez out of that deal. I still wish that we had J.H. though and I know that a lot of others do. Business is business though and a move for quality pitching had to be made and we got a quality pitcher out of it. I just wish that another one or two could have been dealt instead of Hamilton.

This Reds team has core of promising young talent in Bruce, Kepp,Hariston, Votto and a couple of others. Should the pitching continue to improve along with a quality catcher added (a move that imo is desperately needed) and some "veterans" that are already here step up as leaders and not whiners then things could really be looking up for the future. JMO

 

I have been a Reds fan all of my life and will continue to be. I just am getting plenty tired of the same old promises with the same lousy results.

"Poor Josh" as you call him :rolleyes: has had the guts to overcome something that has buried most, both professionally and personally not to mention "literally".

I am pulling fr Hamilton all the way and I quite frankly believe him. I obviously don't know who the ones were but I think that I can just about guess a couple of them anyway. IMO that is one thing that is wrong with the Reds. I have had the feeling for quite a while that it wasn't a very close clubhouse. There are imo a couple of players that cannot stand sharing the spotlight on what has been a bad baseball team. Maybe, just maybe things wouldn't be so bad is we had more "team" guys and less "Me" guys.

 

I know that the Reds needed pitching in the worst way and I am happy with Volquez out of that deal. I still wish that we had J.H. though and I know that a lot of others do. Business is business though and a move for quality pitching had to be made and we got a quality pitcher out of it. I just wish that another one or two could have been dealt instead of Hamilton.

This Reds team has core of promising young talent in Bruce, Kepp,Hariston, Votto and a couple of others. Should the pitching continue to improve along with a quality catcher added (a move that imo is desperately needed) and some "veterans" that are already here step up as leaders and not whiners then things could really be looking up for the future. JMO

 

I have been a Reds fan all of my life and will continue to be. I just am getting plenty tired of the same old promises with the same lousy results.

Excellent Post Oldguy.....I totally agree:thumb:

Where are the clubhouse problems with the same guys and Bruce, Votto, Cueto, Volquez and so on? Answer is they don't exist. Run with Hamilton's side of the story if you so desire, but there is a lot more to it than simple "jealousy"...

Where are the clubhouse problems with the same guys and Bruce, Votto, Cueto, Volquez and so on? Answer is they don't exist. Run with Hamilton's side of the story if you so desire, but there is a lot more to it than simple "jealousy"...

 

Than what was it?

Than what was it?

I'm not going there. Point is there are two sides to every story, and the truth usually ends up somewhere near the middle...

I'm not going there. Point is there are two sides to every story, and the truth usually ends up somewhere near the middle...

I understand that you feel different and may very well have information other than this what is in article and at least other than what has been my personal feelings about this clubhouse for sometime, I have felt this way (that there was definate clubhouse problem) for sometime and that was before anything about Hamilton was mentioned.

I wish that you would "go there" as you say and explain your statement but I understand why that you may not want to. Just let us know more if you can and what you can, maybe when your so called "somewhere in the middle" will come out.

I understand that you feel different and may very well have information other than this what is in article and at least other than what has been my personal feelings about this clubhouse for sometime, I have felt this way (that there was definate clubhouse problem) for sometime and that was before anything about Hamilton was mentioned.

I wish that you would "go there" as you say and explain your statement but I understand why that you may not want to. Just let us know more if you can and what you can, maybe when your so called "somewhere in the middle" will come out.

 

 

Nothing more than speculation on his part....Period

I don't know that I've ever seen a city's fanbase turn on it's athletes the way Cincinnati does. Everybody loved him last year and there were issues mentioned, other than his health. Now, he tore the clubhouse apart. It's the same with the Bengals. Everybody loved Chad then boom. The same with Rudi Johnson. The fact that the same jealous teammates are in the Reds clubhouse may be an indiciation as to why they are still in last place with no vocal leader.

[/b]

 

 

Nothing more than speculation on his part....Period

 

Wrong...

  • Author
I don't know that I've ever seen a city's fanbase turn on it's athletes the way Cincinnati does. Everybody loved him last year and there were issues mentioned, other than his health. Now, he tore the clubhouse apart. It's the same with the Bengals. Everybody loved Chad then boom. The same with Rudi Johnson. The fact that the same jealous teammates are in the Reds clubhouse may be an indiciation as to why they are still in last place with no vocal leader.

 

Agreed......when was the last Reds winning season! Something needs to be done to turn around the Reds losing ways. If it stays the same and these so called negative influences stay around, how will that affect the younger core of players?

 

I understand that there are two sides to every story, but the main thing that I take out of the article is that there are problems within the Reds clubhouse. Maybe if some of these players would leave their ego's at the door when they step into the clubhouse, the Reds could start winning some games.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.