Josh Hamilton Article

Agreed......when was the last Reds winning season! Something needs to be done to turn around the Reds losing ways. If it stays the same and these so called negative influences stay around, how will that affect the younger core of players?

I understand that there are two sides to every story, but the main thing that I take out of the article is that there are problems within the Reds clubhouse. Maybe if some of these players would leave their ego's at the door when they step into the clubhouse, the Reds could start winning some games.

Most, if not all of those problems, will hopefully be gone very soon.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have my own sources close to the team, and it was a two way street. Hamilton throwing people under the bus months later in national print says enough...

As do I...He did everything he was supposed to do when he joined the Team. He tried to be a part of the Team, just like anyone else would. Yes, his story got alot of attention, as well it should have, but some thought it was a little much. Even JH was getting tired of it. A few of the players were calling him Barny, in reference to the (Barnum Bailey Circus) because that's what they considered it, a circus. He asked them if they could not call him that, and most stoped, a few didn't. He seperated himself from those few, and rightfully so, imo. He was trying to turn his life around in Cincy, but a few players made that very hard, he got depressed, and things got worse. Once Narron was gone, it was over.

As far as throwing people under the bus: I honestly haven't heard him throw out any names, has he? I commend him for everything he's been able to accomplish the last few years, and wish him all the success in the world. I only wish he would of given names, but he has more class than that.

As do I...He did everything he was supposed to do when he joined the Team. He tried to be a part of the Team, just like anyone else would. Yes, his story got alot of attention, as well it should have, but some thought it was a little much. Even JH was getting tired of it. A few of the players were calling him Barny, in reference to the (Barnum Bailey Circus) because that's what they considered it, a circus. He asked them if they could not call him that, and most stoped, a few didn't. He seperated himself from those few, and rightfully so, imo. He was trying to turn his life around in Cincy, but a few players made that very hard, he got depressed, and things got worse. Once Narron was gone, it was over.

As far as throwing people under the bus: I honestly haven't heard him throw out any names, has he? I commend him for everything he's been able to accomplish the last few years, and wish him all the success in the world. I only wish he would of given names, but he has more class than that.

Where is the jealousy towards Bruce? Votto? Volquez? Cueto? Bruce got all kinds of national attention, and is very well liked in the clubhouse. Double shaving cream pie to the face? Didn't even flinch.

They gave Josh a nickname he didn't like? Oh the horror. He was a rookie. That's part of the territory...

Where is the jealousy towards Bruce? Votto? Volquez? Cueto? Bruce got all kinds of national attention, and is very well liked in the clubhouse. Double shaving cream pie to the face? Didn't even flinch.

They gave Josh a nickname he didn't like? Oh the horror. He was a rookie. That's part of the territory...

Come on GT...Were these guys drug addicts, no. Do these guys have tatoo's all over them, no. Are these guys playing for Jerry Narron, no. Why is it so hard to except that there are a few players on this Team who think their SDS?

Come on GT...Were these guys drug addicts, no. Do these guys have tatoo's all over them, no. Are these guys playing for Jerry Narron, no. Why is it so hard to except that there are a few players on this Team who think their SDS?

And just maybe one of them was Hamilton........

I'd be happy if they got rid of all of them and started a new chapter while we have some outstanding young guys in the clubhouse now. I've said all along the Bengals won't win with CJ or the thugs they kept employing. They got rid of the thugs because they had no choice after they were let down again. Chad is still hanging around. The Reds will never win it with Griffey or Dunn on the roster. They have the faces in place for the future now they need to seal the deal and get rid of the old flavor. I understand Dunn's HR's might be hard to replace but I am tired of him and Griff. I like them but I just think it's in the Reds best intrest to move on!

Lol... I love how obsessed with Josh Hamilton and think because he's a good player and was a feel good story that he can do no wrong. Fact of the matter is he acted like a prima donna baby who was owed everything when he was with the Reds. He couldn't take other guys teasing with him and was pretty much a jerk. That said, yeah he's an awesome ball player and I hope he goes on to have a great career. The same way I hope Chad Johnson continues to be one of the best receivers in the NFL. You can like a player without thinking they are perfect human beings.