Josh Hamilton Article

Interesting read on Josh Hamilton from USA Today. Most interesting from the article I found the following, although not a surprise, I figured I would post.

He has ventured out a few times with teammates and says he feels more accepted by his Texas teammates than in Cincinnati last year, when no one invited him out. He sensed jealousy and perhaps resentment over the attention his comeback story received

"I even heard comments that I was signing too many autographs for the fans," he says. "It just got worse as the year went on."

The discord played no factor in the trade, but, Krivsky said: "There were issues in the clubhouse. Maybe that stuff would have gone by the boards had he stayed."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al/rangers/2008-07-02-Hamilton_N.htm

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting read on Josh Hamilton from USA Today. Most interesting from the article I found the following, although not a surprise, I figured I would post.

He has ventured out a few times with teammates and says he feels more accepted by his Texas teammates than in Cincinnati last year, when no one invited him out. He sensed jealousy and perhaps resentment over the attention his comeback story received

"I even heard comments that I was signing too many autographs for the fans," he says. "It just got worse as the year went on."

The discord played no factor in the trade, but, Krivsky said: "There were issues in the clubhouse. Maybe that stuff would have gone by the boards had he stayed."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/al/rangers/2008-07-02-Hamilton_N.htm

I thought I read something like this earlier, but didn't respond. I think it sucks he had to deal with that crap. I can't wait until all four of those clowns are gone. And yea, I know a little bit about it.

Obviously I worded that wrong. I'm just wondering who the 4 clowns are?

I really don't want to say names, because I wasn't there. I do know some who are/were very close to the Team though, and I believe what they tell me. Honestly though, I bet if you guessed, you wouldn't be far off.

I really don't want to say names, because I wasn't there. I do know some who are/were very close to the Team though, and I believe what they tell me. Honestly though, I bet if you guessed, you wouldn't be far off.

I heard E-5 didn't care for him