Kentucky makes offer to Boyle's Aumiller

Rebel

When he was attending a University of Kentucky camp last weekend, Jordan Aumiller got his first scholarship offer.

However, that came during a telephone call from a coach at Marshall.

Now Aumiller also has an offer from the Wildcats. After he finished working at the Boyle County Youth Football Camp on Wednesday, Boyle assistant coach John Hodge told him that he needed to call Kentucky assistant coach Chuck Smith, the former Boyle head coach.

Smith had told Aumiller earlier that if he could get his time in the 40-yard dash down to 4.6 seconds, it would greatly enhance his chances of being offered a scholarship by Kentucky. At its camp last week, Aumiller ran a 4.6.

http://www.amnews.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=41750&format=html

From the article:

"They (the UK staff) had told coach Hodge and some other coaches they were impressed by my numbers at camp, but coach (Rich) Brooks wanted to see my highlight tape."

The video showed highlights of Aumiller playing tight end, quarterback, safety and outside linebacker last year at Boyle. It even showed him punting.

"I guess they liked the tape. They are primarily recruiting me as a tight end, but I thought it was good that the tape showed everything I could do," Aumiller said.

Smith told Aumiller that because of Kentucky's limited scholarship numbers this year, the earlier he reaches a decision the better it would be since Kentucky might take only the first tight end to verbally commit.

Smith had told Aumiller earlier that if he could get his time in the 40-yard dash down to 4.6 seconds, it would greatly enhance his chances of being offered a scholarship by Kentucky. At its camp last week, Aumiller ran a 4.6.

]

I assume he didn't suddently go from a 5.1 to a 4.6, correct? If I'm right, this is crazy. The kid can either play or he can't. A 4.7 vs a 4.6 should be irrelevant.

He is a good kid. I am happy for him. Well it seems that we now have a coach that can actually put together some highlights for these kids to show some colleges:thumb:

Boyle County has had a problem getting kids into colleges before???

Boyle County has had a problem getting kids into colleges before???

What I said was, "I'm glad to see we have a coach that can put together some highlights for some kids"...and I'll leave it at that.

In yesterday's Advocate-Messenger, Larry Vaught had an article on another potential tight end that KY might get. He was really impressesed, as was Rich Brooks, at the camp on Saturday. Brooks offered him a scholarship on the spot. I believe the article said that this kid was virtually unknown by UK. He's 6'6 and supposed to be a really tremendous athlete. Sorry I don't have his name or a link to the article, The impression I got from the article was that he may even be better than Aumiller. Wouldn't that be great, 2 Jacob Tammes. Does anyone have any more info on this kid?