West 41 East 10

IMO, they should move the game to the very next Saturday following the state finals. Interest is high, the athletes are in football shape and the play on the field would be better...

If they had any intention of playing in December they'd still be playing Tennessee.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Suerback had seven tackles along with Winston Guy to lead the East. Cecil had three tackles and played at QB some. Eten had two tackles, two assists and a sack. Oldigies had two tackles. Luke Stein had a tackle.

Drew Davis had two tackles, including one for loss, a sack and a pass break-up.

Nice to see that Coaches Kevin Wallace, Jeff Griffith, and any others from the BGHS Staff, along with Ben Bruni of Warren East acquitted themselves quite well in this game! Also, D.L. Moore and Ryan Wallace...way to go scoring a TD snag each! It didn't surprise me that Matt Denham won MVP...he's a real stud! I'm glad to see that Jared Carpenter saw considerable playing time too...the very definition of the scholar/athlete! Kudos to the DL for the fine game they played!

I agree that the friendships made in this game will not be forgotten! Too bad about the ticket prices and the price of gas...these kids deserved better!:D

Great pics Guru... 300 fans is pathetic. That's not much more than the parents of each kid! Main reason..... $15 for a ticket!! That's insane.

General Public was not aware of the price in Louisville unless they read the Lexington Herald Leader, had a player on the team or called PJCS! The walk up or the curious just weren't there. This was not promoted here. I believe the coaches association wants to keep it in Bowling Green, as it is set up for the next two seasons. I read where Glaser was one of the player selection committee. Did he help choose the O-Line for the East?;)

Only 10 kids from Jefferson County, including a late addition in St. X's Will Simmons (that's 5 Tigers). 7 from Fayette, 7 from Warren? Henry Clay and LexCath O-Line were whipped badly by St. X players. Stein took more hard hits in this game than he did in the state championship game. My understanding is the only other Shamrock asked was Robey and he's busy in Florida. By my quick count, 9 kids on the East squad were on state champ teams this past season. Only two on the West squad. No Central kids?

Carpenter and Smith's efforts were 6 months too late. :thumb:

Boyd was a no-show? Nice. It was worth the $15.00 to see Stein throw a TD pass to Dutton and to witness him handing the ball off three consecutive downs on the first series! I don't believe he ever handed the ball off three consecutive plays during his grade school or high school career:cool:

The count of 300 is among the more accurate counts ever given of a gathering at PJCS!

Just curious. I'm pretty sure that there were more than 300 in attendance at Raceland on Friday night for the NE KY game. Factors: better weather (although it was nasty driving back to Maysville), $5.00 tickets; but perhaps most important - a more "local" game; so I would guess more friends and family in attendance?

Just curious. I'm pretty sure that there were more than 300 in attendance at Raceland on Friday night for the NE KY game. Factors: better weather (although it was nasty driving back to Maysville), $5.00 tickets; but perhaps most important - a more "local" game; so I would guess more friends and family in attendance?

That is exactly what I was thinking. I would guess there were around 500 people at the North-Eastern Kentucky game, and a very good game to be seen.