Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why?

Featured Replies

I think that if AA ends then qualified minorities can prove they have earned their positions rather then having the standards relaxed so they could get them.

 

Do you really think that anyone who opposes AA is automatically racist?

  • Replies 138
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, that's not flying. You asked me how long and I answered. I expect the same courtesy.

 

I think everything runs in cycles, and the double standard will end when it has ran it's path. I never said there was a set time, but I was not trying to end it either...

I think that if AA ends then qualified minorities can prove they have earned their positions rather then having the standards relaxed so they could get them.

 

Do you really think that anyone who opposes AA is automatically racist?

 

No, but I think they don't think that all people who opposes AA is a racist, but some are.

 

What is your reason for the end of AA?

I think everything runs in cycles, and the double standard will end when it has ran it's path. I never said there was a set time, but I was not trying to end it either...

 

And yet when people just accept that a double standard exists and that it should be accepted they just perpetuate it.

 

IMVHO until society as a whole acknowleges that a double standard exists, that any double standard is counter productive and that as long as a double standard exists there will be animosity. Society will never heal until everyone is treated equally.

No, but I think they don't think that all people who opposes AA is a racist, but some are.

 

What is your reason for the end of AA?

 

Because by definition it is discriminatory. As I said in my last post until society demands equal treatment for all with no artificial quotas animosity will continue and there will never be true equality.

Because by definition it is discriminatory. As I said in my last post until society demands equal treatment for all with no artificial quotas animosity will continue and there will never be true equality.

 

You forgot to answer this question...

 

So you think that minorities would get all the opportunities that whites do without AA?

How did I forget to answer the question, you asked why I wanted AA to stop and I told you.

 

And yes I think that more often then not minorities would have the same opportunities that white do. IMVHO there will always be pockets that will want to practice discrimination and all of the AA laws in the world won't do anything about that.

 

I don't and never will believe that two wrongs can ever make a right and when a more qualified person is passed over just because of the color of his skin that's discrimination, that's wrong and regardless of the so-called "moral imperative" for that discrimination I don't think it should happen.

How did I forget to answer the question, you asked why I wanted AA to stop and I told you.

 

And yes I think that more often then not minorities would have the same opportunities that white do. IMVHO there will always be pockets that will want to practice discrimination and all of the AA laws in the world won't do anything about that.

 

I don't and never will believe that two wrongs can ever make a right and when a more qualified person is passed over just because of the color of his skin that's discrimination, that's wrong and regardless of the so-called "moral imperative" for that discrimination I don't think it should happen.

 

I don't even think you really believe that. You would have to say that to save face in your argument, because anyone who has any sense of reality would know different. I know AA is not perfect, but I am all for giving minorities opportunities that they would have without AA...

I don't even think you really believe that. You would have to say that to save face in your argument, because anyone who has any sense of reality would know different. I know AA is not perfect, but I am all for giving minorities opportunities that they would have without AA...

 

OK you've called me a racist and a liar.

 

At the risk of getting in trouble I have to ask is that the best you can do when someone gives a thought out answer that doesn't agree with your world view? I don't agree with your world view so I'm either lying, trying to save face or have no sense of reality.:rolleyes:

 

I 100% believe everything that I typed and am more the just a little offended that you would presume to make judgements about my opinions.

If you are specifically looking for them, which in all likelihood you are (considering you are of the belief that a large majority of people are racist). I don't notice them at all.

 

 

 

Close; I think ALL people are racist. We all have some tendencies or inclinations towards racial bias. In some , those inclinations rage out of control. No one is without some racial prejudice.

I don't see how it is an insult to minorities, that they are finally given an opportunity because of AA. Your distorted view of what AA really is, is what ...

 

In fact the true insult to minorities is how you view affirmative action...

Sorry my friend, but it is you and those that think like you that holds this country back from being a true equal opportunity country. You simply just don't get the fact that you are telling blacks that they can't make it without help from those like you. Sad, just flat out sad.
Yes, but those people don't care for minorities.
That's just about the most skewed view I've seen on this board.
OK you've called me a racist and a liar.

 

At the risk of getting in trouble I have to ask is that the best you can do when someone gives a thought out answer that doesn't agree with your world view? I don't agree with your world view so I'm either lying, trying to save face or have no sense of reality.:rolleyes:

 

I 100% believe everything that I typed and am more the just a little offended that you would presume to make judgements about my opinions.

 

:lol: Not one time did I ever say that you were a racist, whether you are or not you are is not my point. IMO I didn’t think that anyone in touch with reality could think that with out AA that would have the opportunities that whites get. There was a reason that they made it a law. I do feel that our society has come along way, but we are no where close to where you think we are.

 

As for calling you a racist and a liar, this is just a friendly debate… :thumb:

Edited by Pancake

Sorry my friend, but it is you and those that think like you that holds this country back from being a true equal opportunity country. You simply just don't get the fact that you are telling blacks that they can't make it without help from those like you. Sad, just flat out sad.

 

I am not saying that minorities can not get the job done, I am saying that they would not have the amount of opportunities they have without AA.

 

I asked my friend Joe tonight who got promoted about a year ago in his company if he think AA had anything to do with his promotion. His responce was he earned his promotion, but he feels that he would not have had the opportunity to show case his work if not for AA. He was the only Black male among the candidates the rest were white males with the exception of one female( not sure her race). He had other opinions on the selection process, but I am not going to get into them at this point.

 

Now to show that I am not going to with hold all the facts. He also said that he has been told from people he works with that a few of the guys that were passed over for him thinks he got the job cause of AA.

Lyndon Johnson's famous quote regarding affirmative action is apropos here. ‘’You do not take a person who, for years, has been hobbled by chains and liberate him, bring him up to the starting line of a race and then say, ‘You are free to compete with all the others,’ and still justly believe that you have been completely fair.” I think this is an excellent explanation of the situation, however, I feel that affirmative action merely rigs the results. Why not focus on making the liberated more competitive on the blocks?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.