Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why?

Featured Replies

Anyone that scans this thread will understand why millions of voters will vote for the old white guy and not the young black guy....emphasis strongly or solely on the "black "and "white".

  • Replies 138
  • Views 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That is pretty short sided and sad you think that way...
What’s sad to me is that you don’t see it for what it really is.

I think affirmative action is an insult to minorities. Not only does it imply that they are not able to compete, but it puts all of their achievements into question. You’re telling them that they didn’t get where they are because of their capabilities, but rather because of the color of their skin. I believe it takes emphasis off individual accomplishment, instead putting it on individual traits (gender, race). That’s intrinsically wrong.

Anyone that scans this thread will understand why millions of voters will vote for the old white guy and not the young black guy....emphasis strongly or solely on the "black "and "white".
That's ridiculous, math! You're insinuating that people on here are being racist. Do you care to point out which posts are?
What’s sad to me is that you don’t see it for what it really is.

I think affirmative action is an insult to minorities. Not only does it imply that they are not able to compete, but it puts all of their achievements into question. You’re telling them that they didn’t get where they are because of their capabilities, but rather because of the color of their skin. I believe it takes emphasis off individual accomplishment, instead putting it on individual traits (gender, race). That’s intrinsically wrong.

 

I see where you are coming from, RTS, and I do agree with it to some extent. However, it is not that simple. If employers and colleges, etc, would look at a candidate based only on their credentials and personal characterstics, it would work. However, there are still people, who may not necessarily be racist, that would hire a less qualified white over a more qualified black. I'll grant you that the reverse may happen now because of AA, and I don't have numbers to back it up, but I dont think it happens as much this way as it did before AA. I do think that AA does add to some people's resentment or even prejudice based on the imbalance it causes.

I see where you are coming from, RTS, and I do agree with it to some extent. However, it is not that simple. If employers and colleges, etc, would look at a candidate based only on their credentials and personal characterstics, it would work. However, there are still people, who may not necessarily be racist, that would hire a less qualified white over a more qualified black. I'll grant you that the reverse may happen now because of AA, and I don't have numbers to back it up, but I dont think it happens as much this way as it did before AA. I do think that AA does add to some people's resentment or even prejudice based on the imbalance it causes.

 

Very good point...

What’s sad to me is that you don’t see it for what it really is.

I think affirmative action is an insult to minorities. Not only does it imply that they are not able to compete, but it puts all of their achievements into question. You’re telling them that they didn’t get where they are because of their capabilities, but rather because of the color of their skin. I believe it takes emphasis off individual accomplishment, instead putting it on individual traits (gender, race). That’s intrinsically wrong.

 

I don't see how it is an insult to minorities, that they are finally given an opportunity because of AA. Your distorted view of what AA really is, is what holds this country back today from being a true equal opportunity...

 

In fact the true insult to minorities is how you view affirmative action...

How long do you think? Every crime has a sentence, so how long do you think is the right amount of time for the suffrage that the African American community had to live through?

 

I won't put a time figure on it but I would say that since all former slave holders are now gone the statute of limitations has run out.

 

Now you answer the question. How long?

I don't see how it is an insult to minorities, that they are finally given an opportunity because of AA. Your distorted view of what AA really is, is what holds this country back today from being a true equal opportunity...

 

In fact the true insult to minorities is how you view affirmative action...

 

But it's not truly equal opportunity with AA.

 

Many would say that your distorted view of AA is what keeps America from being truly an equal society.

The city of Louisville is a perfect example of this. Why again is it that most of Louisville's blacks live on the West End? I'm sure it's because they all wanted to move there and not some of the nicer areas in the city, and had nothing to do with the Louisville realtors' association's longtime ban (still in effect as late as the mid-'90s, from what I've read) on selling houses to blacks in white neighborhoods for fear of driving down property values.

 

You're going to have to provide proof for that one.

Anyone that scans this thread will understand why millions of voters will vote for the old white guy and not the young black guy....emphasis strongly or solely on the "black "and "white".

 

There it is. I figured this was coming.

But it's not truly equal opportunity with AA.

 

Many would say that your distorted view of AA is what keeps America from being truly an equal society.

 

Yes, but those people don't care for minorities.

I won't put a time figure on it but I would say that since all former slave holders are now gone the statute of limitations has run out.

 

Now you answer the question. How long?

 

I am not trying to put a time on it, or trying to end it.

 

Slavery has been over for 150 years, but you are not considering Jim Crow laws...

So anyone who thinks that AA is not the panacea that otehr consider it to be are automatically racist?

I am not trying to put a time on it, or trying to end it.

 

Slavery has been over for 150 years, but you are not considering Jim Crow laws...

 

No, that's not flying. You asked me how long and I answered. I expect the same courtesy.

So anyone who thinks that AA is not the panacea that otehr consider it to be are automatically racist?

 

 

So you think that minorities would get all the opportunities that whites do without AA?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.