Who said it?

CentreRocks

Agreed.

I've said this before in one way or another, but I think that with the coaching issue seemingly taken care of after last season, I feel like Kragthorpe has a real opportunity to take the Cards further than anyone expects this season.

That being said, nobody expects too much. Cards fans can't expect the defense to be much worse than last year but not much better, either. So if they can step up and execute then they'll automatically be a pleasant surprise. Offensively, we COULD be near the top IF the new batch of recievers and linemen step up big. A bunch of "coulds" and "ifs" for this upcoming season. But the question mark makes next season that much more intriguing for real Cardinal fans.

I really think UL has a good shot to win 10 games next season. In thinking about the Big East, I think UConn is a fraud, Syracuse should drop to 1-AA, I am not sold on WVU or their new coach, Rutgers I am not buying without Rice, etc. All teams have some extreme flaws, imo.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think UL has a good shot to win 10 games next season. In thinking about the Big East, I think UConn is a fraud, Syracuse should drop to 1-AA, I am not sold on WVU or their new coach, Rutgers I am not buying without Rice, etc. All teams have some extreme flaws, imo.

Very good point. The BEast will likely be a bust overall.

Louisville has some depth issues on defense.

They will have a pretty good year because the Big East will be down overall, IMO...and throw in a bunch of home games.

The real concern if I were a UL fan would be the 09 season...they will lose a lot of players after this year.

Kragthorpe has recruited a bunch of JC's.

Louisville has some depth issues on defense.

They will have a pretty good year because the Big East will be down overall, IMO...and throw in a bunch of home games.

The real concern if I were a UL fan would be the 09 season...they will lose a lot of players after this year.

Kragthorpe has recruited a bunch of JC's.

:thumb:

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Gloating about the success of any of these two programs is honestly laughable. In the grand scheme of things for college football, these two programs are not that good.

I think to evaluate your statement (it's either fair or really wrong) you need to explain if you mean that they're not great, like top shelf programs like Michigan or Texas, or if their success (especially Louisville's) in the recent past was average. Because two of the past four years, Louisville ended the season in the top 10 for good reason.

I don't think Louisville belongs on a list of teams like ND, USC, or tO$U for overall prestige... but ND alums would give their lefties for Louisville's recent success.

Maybe Jurich was misquoted.

Personally, I think UL will pretty good, with a fresh start after the malcontents have been jettisoned. There is more to team sports, especially one that rewards hard work and heart, than raw talent. I think UL will be on the ascent rather than the descent. That's always more fun and exciting. Jurich doesn't make many mistakes in his hires. Let's see what Krag does.

Jurich doesn't make many mistakes in his hires. Let's see what Krag does.

You know, given the situation that has come about, I would venture to say that Bobby Petrino has been Jurich's biggest mess up in hiring.

You know, given the situation that has come about, I would venture to say that Bobby Petrino has been Jurich's biggest mess up in hiring.

Interesting...

Would you trade the few years of success they under Petrino, for a couple of lesser bowl games, or no bowl games without a Petrino?

Petrino could coach, but there was always some lingering off the field issues that I called him out on and yet UL fans bashed me during that time...and now it has come to fruition.

I still don't know if the Kragthorpe hire is a good one...time will tell.

1 - Bobby did do some good things. But with all the troubles they have had, yes I would trade the success for his downfalls.

2 - I feel that Kragthorpe is a great hire. I was in the football complex, and everybody is keyed up already, the voluntary workouts are very, very intense.

Feel free to mark this one down: UL will never be as good as they were under Bobby Petrino.

^ As of now, and from what I have seen the last few months, I will gladly disagree.

In essence, you are saying UL will be one of the top 10 programs in the country because Petrino had gotten them certainly as high as the Cards have ever gone, which is just outside the elites of the country.