Who said it?

CentreRocks

^ As of now, and from what I have seen the last few months, I will gladly disagree.

Based on what you've seen the last few months, in what year do you think UL will be one play away from the National Title?

2008?

2009?

2010?

2011?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For someone to say UL will NEVER be as good as they were under Petrino is laughable at best.... Never is a long time, and to make such a statement is not only foolish, but nieve as well....

Why do you say that?

When was UL better than when Petrino was there? How long had UL had a football program? It's not like UL contends annually for the national title. I'm anxious to see why this is laughable, foolish and naive.

Edited by bugatti
Rule 2

Why do you say that?

When was UL better than when Petrino was there? How long had UL had a football program? It's not like UL contends annually for the national title. I'm anxious to see why this is laughable, foolish and naive.

Flaw in your logic- while there is a fixed point of football not being played at UofL in the past, there is no such fixed point of football not being played at UofL in the future. UofL has less than a century of football history, whereas potentially thousands of years of future football. Given an infinite span of time over which UofL can possibly best the four year tenure of Bobby Petrino, odds are that your stance is laughable, foolish, and naive.

Now, is it likely that football is being played at UofL in a form we would recognize in the year 3008? No, probably not. But even a few hundred years gives 2 a pretty good chance of being right (not to mention a massive hole in your logic.)

Edited by bugatti

Flaw in your logic- while there is a fixed point of football not being played at UofL in the past, there is no such fixed point of football not being played at UofL in the future. UofL has less than a century of football history, whereas potentially thousands of years of future football. Given an infinite span of time over which UofL can possibly best the four year tenure of Bobby Petrino, odds are that your stance is laughable, foolish, and naive.

Now, is it likely that football is being played at UofL in a form we would recognize in the year 3008? No, probably not. But even a few hundred years gives 2 a pretty good chance of being right (not to mention a massive hole in your logic.)

That's true. Western Kentucky may win the national title in football at some point.

Why don't you and Duece and others save my post, and inform everyone of my comedy, foolishness and naivety when UL is one play away from the National Title again? Let's just do it every year and the end of the football season. I'll be waiting with bated breath.

You guys crack me up sometimes. It's time to take off the red colored glasses. I now remember why I don't come to the college forums that often.

Why do you say that?

:lol:Come on please there was one of the finest men and Coaches ever at THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE well before Bobby (I'm here for my benefit)Petrino came along. And had it not been for that man the Uof L football program would not be where it is today.....:thumb:

That's true. Western Kentucky may win the national title in football at some point.

Why don't you and Duece and others save my post, and inform everyone of my comedy, foolishness and naivety when UL is one play away from the National Title again? Let's just do it every year and the end of the football season. I'll be waiting with bated breath.

You guys crack me up sometimes. It's time to take off the red colored glasses. I now remember why I don't come to the college forums that often.

Now you're trying to make the point about something else, that Louisville won't be better than they were under Petrino any time soon.

It's nobody's fault but your own that you used the word 'never' and keep responding when people point out, quite correctly, that never is an awfully long time for an absolute statement. If you still want to take your ball and go home, that's your prerogative... but it won't be because 2 and I can't let go of tinted glasses.:thumb:

Now you're trying to make the point about something else, that Louisville won't be better than they were under Petrino any time soon.

It's nobody's fault but your own that you used the word 'never' and keep responding when people point out, quite correctly, that never is an awfully long time for an absolute statement. If you still want to take your ball and go home, that's your prerogative... but it won't be because 2 and I can't let go of tinted glasses.:thumb:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I tried to tell you that UL was in for a drop off but you would not believe me.

The way I remember it, you tried to warn us that UofL was in for a drop off the year they won a BCS bowl...