Cooper High - Tim Sullivan is the new head coach

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not yet and it is way late in the process. How do you not hire a basketball coach before the summer break? Wilhoit should've stepped down from his coaching duties at Boone and had this done already.

I believe they wanted to get all of the fall sports taken care of first, but have not heard of anything about volleyball or girls cross country. Football and boys cc are done.

Coach Wilhoite did not want to talk about Cooper when I tried to get him on the show.

• 2 weeks later...
Any updates?

With school ending it would seem that they would have filled this position to allow the new coach an opportunity to get to know some of the kids in the program thru the summer.

I haven't heard much in the way of new names since this was last posted.

I am assuming that Pittman, Carr, Garnett and Shumate are still candidates unless the process has taken so long they have withdrawn their names.

Another issue is that by Cooper hiring so late in the game and likely taking some other school's coach, it leaves that school scrambling to find a replacement much closer to the season. I know that isn't Cooper's main concern - or any concern at all - but is just another negative consequence from not getting this hiring done in a more timely manner.

I wonder if Mike Flynn who just left Bourbon Co. would be a consideration... In the other thread it said he wanted to get closer to his wife in that area.

I agree - there is no reason to wait this long to hire the coach. Summer ball is about to start. The Boone Co. school system isn't known for making a lot of decisions with athletics 1st in mind though....