Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dusty Baker Job Approval Poll !!!

Do You Approve or Disapprove of the Job Dusty Baker Has Done as Manager of the Reds? 66 members have voted

  1. 1. Do You Approve or Disapprove of the Job Dusty Baker Has Done as Manager of the Reds?

    • Approve
      22%
      15
    • Disapprove
      37%
      25
    • Not Sure
      39%
      26

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Nearly 1/4 of the way into the season, would you say you "Approve" or "Disapprove" of the way Dusty Baker is performing his job as manager of the Cincinnati Reds?

 

I will also include the obligatory "Not Sure" option for those who can't make their minds up in opinion polls or who feel it is just too soon to judge. Try to choose, if possible.

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like every Reds manager, there have been some of Dusty's moves that I have questioned, but I think it's far too early to give Dusty a rating.

  • Author

I feel like a judgment can be made at this point. That doesn't mean one's opinion will be the same after the next 40 games, or the next 40.

I voted disapprove as of right now. I just don't understand some of his decisions. In the game today, he had Bako behind the plate, who is having a very good year, but was way overmatched against Perez. Why not give Ross the start? Granted he's off to another slow start, but he is a right handed bat against a tough lefty. And I won't even talk about Patterson.

I voted disapprove as of right now. I just don't understand some of his decisions. In the game today, he had Bako behind the plate, who is having a very good year, but was way overmatched against Perez. Why not give Ross the start? Granted he's off to another slow start, but he is a right handed bat against a tough lefty. And I won't even talk about Patterson.

 

 

Because Cueto is used to working with Bako, and Ross has never caught him. Bako has also hit left handers better than Ross has this year.

As a Cubs fan, I wholeheartedly approve of the job Dusty is doing ... :lol:

Bako has also hit left handers better than Ross has this year.
In his career, Bako is a .185 hitter against lefties with 4 HR in 265 AB.

 

Ross' numbers ... 235 with 23 HR in 332 AB.

In his career, Bako is a .185 hitter against lefties with 4 HR in 265 AB.

 

Ross' numbers ... 235 with 23 HR in 332 AB.

 

 

And the part that Ross has never caught Cueto? Bako is going to be Cueto's catcher. Period. They don't care if he hits .000

And the part that Ross has never caught Cueto? Bako is going to be Cueto's catcher. Period. They don't care if he hits .000
I wasn't addressing that part of the comment. I don't disagree about Bako and Cueto.

 

But Bako isn't close to being as effective a hitter as Ross against lefties ...

And the part that Ross has never caught Cueto? Bako is going to be Cueto's catcher. Period. They don't care if he hits .000

 

I can see that Bako is going to be Cueto's catcher, but I don't have to agree with it. These are ML pitchers and seeing as how Ross has never caught Cueto, I don't see why it can't be done, especially with a tough lefty on the mound. And Cueto hasn't exactly been fooling alot of hitters lately. Granted he's young and the sky's the limit, but he hasn't looked good his last few outings.

All the Cubs fans who had followed Dusty simply said:

 

1. Dusty will bring "his boys" and that will hurt the team.

 

2. Be aware of him letting the pitchers go too deep in games and running up pitch counts.

 

While you can't blame Dusty for everything, IE Coffey, Arroyo and guys just flat out not producing the way they are supposed to.

 

Dusty has already put his stamp on this team and I would be shocked if he lasts more than 3 years in Cincinnati the way he is going right now.

I voted "not sure" for right now and that was leaning toward disssaprove. Maybe we could have another poll late in the season or at season's end. I don't like some of his in game coaching "decisions" and lineup choices that he has made and he cetainly does not have a good record with promising pitchers carrers lasting.....(Prior, Woods??).

 

My not sure vote was cast due to he was not handed a very good baseball team to start with. Reds have some very promising young talent and I do not want to see that ruined. Like I have said before, we have went through years of the same ol' talk in pre season and then watched the same pathetic results.

 

I seriously question the Reds player development staff and people (whoever thy may be). The Reds have had some promising players in the minors and still do according to a lot of reports. These players seem to reach a certain level of progress and then stay there. What I am saying that if the talent in the minors is really good the the people in charge of getting them better and ready for '"the show" need to go.

And the part that Ross has never caught Cueto? Bako is going to be Cueto's catcher. Period. They don't care if he hits .000

 

 

 

Unless Cueto has some knuckle ball that I'm not aware of, this is just absurd. If your a major league catcher, you should be able to catch a major league pitcher...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.