2008 Harlan

bugatti

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about 210 regular season points scored (21 per game)...over or under?[/quote I will say under because they may score the goose egg against some teams. I will say Hazard and Lee will both hold them under 10.

I agree with the decision to not play the bears this year. I think after the hype dies down about the new school and it can be a productive game for both, they should go back to playing.

I can see Harlan stopping the New Harlan series temporarily to build confidence. It's going to be hard to be a Class A power (as someone asked) though and still avoid playing New Harlan. That was my one and only point. Do you disagree?

Harlan County had to play whoever they could find, which is why they are going to Grayson County, Va., for instance. Lynn Camp plays up every year against Whitley County and others, so the Harlan County matchup is not that unusual. If I could make Harlan County's schedule I'd probably play a couple of smaller schools mixed in with a majority of schools at the 4 or 5 or 6 A level.

There are inconsistencies in many schedules, I'm sure. Harlan is playing Perry Central and Clay County but won't play Harlan County, for example.

I wasn't criticizing the decision, just pointing out that there are inconsistencies in most schedules.

I don't see what the hype has to do with playing now or later. It's not because it's a bigger school because Clay and Perry are already on Harlan's schedule. It would also be a massive draw at the gate, which would bring in thousands of dollars more than anyone else on Harlan's schedule.

Well I have no idea why the "powers" decided not to play. However I for one think that the "powers" at HCHS would like nothing better than to bring their 80 or so into HHS and beat the crap out of us just for the pleasure of a certain group that would enjoy it. I'm glad they won't get the satisfaction. I'm for waiting 2-3 years, then starting a yearly game that will never go away not matter how either team is doing. There is one certain well known HCHS official who takes a little to much personal pleasure in his wins over the Green for my taste. So there is your "not touching this post". Its a pretty typical attitude though. Thanks for being predictable.

I couldn't agree more!!! :thumb:

It seems like "they" don't want to touch this post! :lol:

Well I have no idea why the "powers" decided not to play. However I for one think that the "powers" at HCHS would like nothing better than to bring their 80 or so into HHS and beat the crap out of us just for the pleasure of a certain group that would enjoy it. I'm glad they won't get the satisfaction. I'm for waiting 2-3 years, then starting a yearly game that will never go away not matter how either team is doing. There is one certain well known HCHS official who takes a little to much personal pleasure in his wins over the Green for my taste. So there is your "not touching this post". Its a pretty typical attitude though. Thanks for being predictable.

You are getting hilarious with your posts big guy. A yearly game that will never go away no matter what? Just like the yearly game between Cawood and Harlan for all of those years? Oh wait, that wasn't the case was it. I have no problem with Harlan City not playing if that is the decision that they make but it would of helped everyone out a lot this year but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Perry and Clay doesn't make sense and I don't care how you explain it. I go back to my original thought, avoid Harlan City and let them play whoever they want to. High School all the way down to 5th grade in all sports. This isn't anger but a good overall solution to some of the problems between to the districts. finally, Pappy you are giving the green way to much credit with school officials and personal pleasure. Most people in the county could care less about what Harlan does or doesn't do. However, those shots at our leaders are pretty funny to read.

Reminds me of the kid who lives on the end of the block and wonders why no one will ever play with him. His parents are telling him the entire time the whole word is out to get him. Pretty pathetic stance but we are familiar with it after all these years.

I'm not concerned with most, just the few that have a big green chip on their shoulders

You are getting hilarious with your posts big guy. A yearly game that will never go away no matter what? Just like the yearly game between Cawood and Harlan for all of those years? Oh wait, that wasn't the case was it. I have no problem with Harlan City not playing if that is the decision that they make but it would of helped everyone out a lot this year but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Perry and Clay doesn't make sense and I don't care how you explain it. I go back to my original thought, avoid Harlan City and let them play whoever they want to. High School all the way down to 5th grade in all sports. This isn't anger but a good overall solution to some of the problems between to the districts. finally, Pappy you are giving the green way to much credit with school officials and personal pleasure. Most people in the county could care less about what Harlan does or doesn't do. However, those shots at our leaders are pretty funny to read.

My point is with yourself and similarly minded folks, again, not with most. Your post could be applied to the folks that keep telling all the folks in the county that the new school is "the answer".

Reminds me of the kid who lives on the end of the block and wonders why no one will ever play with him. His parents are telling him the entire time the whole word is out to get him. Pretty pathetic stance but we are familiar with it after all these years.

My point is with yourself and similarly minded folks, again, not with most. Your post could be applied to the folks that keep telling all the folks in the county that the new school is "the answer".

At this stage of the game it is the only answer big guy! Now to make that answer a correct one all of the county MUST get on board. There is a lot at stake. Your views is why Harlan County as a whole is behind places like Pikeville and London. As a matter of fact, attitudes such as yours is one reason we are behind basically all of rural KY. JEALOUSY IS A NASTY WORD.