2008 Harlan

bugatti

Attitudes like this are the reason that the County has problems with the City, an eliteitism that rears its ugly head every so often. The person that made the remark in the SBC meeting is very mislead and often out spoken when she should keep her thoughts to herself. I for one feel that the kind of statement shows complete ignorance.

:thumb::banana::flame::dancingpa

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly it is usually a vocal unreasonable minority causing a problem, but that is the case in most things. The majority of folks in the city and county are good people that want to see all the kids have success.

Back to football, I expect Coach Donahue & Co. to get a few more wins this season and be very competitive even in the losses. The strength of the team will be on the line, and Coach Donahue has always fared better with a good line and average skill as opposed to the other way.

Sadly it is usually a vocal unreasonable minority causing a problem, but that is the case in most things. The majority of folks in the city and county are good people that want to see all the kids have success.

Back to football, I expect Coach Donahue & Co. to get a few more wins this season and be very competitive even in the losses. The strength of the team will be on the line, and Coach Donahue has always fared better with a good line and average skill as opposed to the other way.

The new district should help the Green Dragons. I think they should be back in the playoffs next season. They will have three solid skill kids back in Hensley, Link, and Pennington. I could see Coach Donahue going back to the Power I or Bone with these three kids.:thumb:

The new district should help the Green Dragons. I think they should be back in the playoffs next season. They will have three solid skill kids back in Hensley, Link, and Pennington. I could see Coach Donahue going back to the Power I or Bone with these three kids.:thumb:

I would think they will make the playoffs this coming year. If I am not mistaking aren't they in a 4 district field. All of them will make the playoffs, correct?

I agree with you 100%. But again that is kind of easy because you have 8 years of County in you big guy. You are more of a hybrid than a Dragon. I don't know for sure if your message would be the same without those 8 years.

Loyall gave you the background to be the good person you are. Maybe we need to refer to you as a Indiandragon or something to that effect. Loyall did just a fine job that the city couldn't damage it during high school. lol

I know your smart enough to realize that I am only goshing around!:thumb:

I hear you joking, but I can't figure out who knows me so well. Sadly, both teachers from the county (Carol Howard, Trina Cornett, Phillip Smith, Pat Scott, Sue Hall, Christine Turner) and the city (Joe Bill Clark, Jeff Lunsford, David Davies, Charlotte Nolan, Tolbert Walker, Alfreda Watts, Amme Morgan) have to take credit for me, if they would...not to mention coaches Wendell Wheeler and Damon Alred (Loyall) and Billy Hicks, Doc Gray, Rick McCreary and Frank Smith (Harlan).

As for Harlan's district, the above is correct and Coach D's team should be favored to be a 2nd seed behind Hazard, especially since Pineville and Jenkins both come to Harlan this year (I think). That would mean a home playoff game and a good season coming off last year.

I hear you joking, but I can't figure out who knows me so well. Sadly, both teachers from the county (Carol Howard, Trina Cornett, Phillip Smith, Pat Scott, Sue Hall, Christine Turner) and the city (Joe Bill Clark, Jeff Lunsford, David Davies, Charlotte Nolan, Tolbert Walker, Alfreda Watts, Amme Morgan) have to take credit for me, if they would...not to mention coaches Wendell Wheeler and Damon Alred (Loyall) and Billy Hicks, Doc Gray, Rick McCreary and Frank Smith (Harlan).

As for Harlan's district, the above is correct and Coach D's team should be favored to be a 2nd seed behind Hazard, especially since Pineville and Jenkins both come to Harlan this year (I think). That would mean a home playoff game and a good season coming off last year.

:thumb:

Based on what I saw in spring practice, I look for Andrew Link (junior RB/SS), Jacob Cole (senior OL/LB), and James Hill (junior DL/OL) to take off for the Dragons this year. There are other names to watch as well, but those were three of the best workers this spring.

I always felt that this year would be the team that had a hard time of getting it together, not last year. Hopefully there is still some pride over at the Gilly complex and this team gets it back on track. Cole, Hill, and Allen should give the dragons a solid line, Allen Hensley has got to become a bigger playmaker and Link looks stronger and a little quicker this can only help. Harlan is still a couple of classes away before they can make a serious run in the playoffs.

Thanks for the info...it would be great for Harlan to bounce back to their usually respectable level with a home playoff win and a trip to Pikeville. That would be a huge step in the right direction after last season. To paraphrase Bayshore, the program should get slowly better over the next few seasons.

Youth Coach is Coach Donahue and the Dragons going back to the power run game. In recent years he has ran a one back or gun type "O". I would like to see them get back to three yards and a cloud of dust.

Thanks for the info...it would be great for Harlan to bounce back to their usually respectable level with a home playoff win and a trip to Pikeville. That would be a huge step in the right direction after last season. To paraphrase Bayshore, the program should get slowly better over the next few seasons.

I thought Harlan's strength last year was its senior class. I expected the upcoming season to be the worst with improvement following, but I didn't expect Harlan to win only once last year. They probably will end up winning more games this year even if the overall talent isn't that much better.

I thought Harlan's strength last year was its senior class. I expected the upcoming season to be the worst with improvement following, but I didn't expect Harlan to win only once last year. They probably will end up winning more games this year even if the overall talent isn't that much better.

Harlan did not have that bad of talent last year. They had a good O-line and D-line and three or four solid skill kids. They just did not have much depth up front.