2008 Harlan

bugatti

She proceeds to mow down the bottom of their order 1-2-3 and then we score 5 in the bottom of the 5th to take a 14-10 lead. Girls are elated but I worry about the top of their order in the 6th. She had great placement but very little velocity.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How hard did the Jr. High or High School try to get a game with New Harlan or HC?????

Well to tell you the truth I know we called at least 3-4 times trying to get games with all three county middle school teams, because they were having trouble getting games also, but we had no luck even though we all could have used some games. So I guess we tried pretty hard. Now before someone takes this and twist what I am saying, by no means did I think that we were avoided by the county middle schools, the real reason is more than likely a little payback because Harlan pulled out of the middle school CVC. To give my honest opinion I can't really blame them for the decision.

It is my hope that somewhere down the road that Harlan and Harlan can play in football similar to Paintsville - Johnson Central it would be a great rivalry and like lungbuster said it could go a long way to fund both programs in the home year. I know that VIP sports is putting together a city/county bowl for the 09 season and it is coming together very well. I think that the format would be to alternate years as to who hosts, with both teams playing regional teams that would draw nice crowds.

Get you facts straight HDE I know for a fact that Harlan needed games in the 5-6 grade level and called numerous times to the county schools middle school AD and could not get a game. They asked to play every team including New Harlan, so avoiding is not what happened last year. I wonder if you would answer the question that was asked about consolidating all of the county middle schools for football, you sort of side stepped that one. Ask the coaches and parents of Evarts and Cumberland if they felt they had a fair chance to compete against New Harlan for the last few years. Finally if your opinion is that you don't build a program by avoiding better competition then what say you of HCHS playing Class A Power Lynn Camp, BTW no disrespect to either program but it seems to me that as long as it is ok for one it shouldn't be bad for the other. The conference teams that we are in has Middlesboro Lynn Camp Williamsburg Pineville all the same size schools as the High school what a novel idea.

I coached on the 5/6th grade team, and if you did call (I'm not saying you didn't), we had way too many games to add another one. Just to add, we didn't lose any of them, either. Not boastful, just proud! :thumb: