2008 Harlan

bugatti

I don't think that you have to, but if you do, I have to go where my kids go and support them first. As a parent, I think that would be my duty, or I could be like some on here that send their children to the city school (when they live in the county district) and beat the war drum for the county, sound like someone we know.:rolleyes::jump::D
Just do not be one of those guys who like to beat the drum of the team who is getting the W's.:ylsuper::lol::D Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such as? Who seemed to be ready to compete come fall? Did they run their pass D very well? I agree that they still have a ways to go to get back to making any serious run for the district.

They had 3 different kids playing QB...there timing was way off,but there D play pretty good from what i seen..Hensley made a few plays from safety and Pennington made some nice reads..and for the rest i didnt really see anybody else standout..

Bayshore, it seems to me that you have it all backards, as we in the county might say. You stated that the county only wants to play when they have the upper hand. It just seems to me the total opposite. Harlan wouldn't play Cawood in football forever in the 80's and 90's but when they thought they could compete then the decided to do it. Seems like the games with HCHS will be no different. If I was the county officials I would never give Harlan the priviledge to play HCHS.

I don't think that you have to, but if you do, I have to go where my kids go and support them first. As a parent, I think that would be my duty, or I could be like some on here that send their children to the city school (when they live in the county district) and beat the war drum for the county, sound like someone we know.:rolleyes::jump::D

Who could you be talking about?:rolleyes:

Cawood beat them in the 1960s once and Saylor's teams beat them three times (89, 90 and 93), I think.

Evarts beat them (1991) when Musick had those good teams, and I remember Russell running for 200 yards that game.

Cumberland beat Corbin in 86 when the Skins went to the state finals and lost 7-6 the next year.

Cawood beat them in the 1960s once and Saylor's teams beat them three times (89, 90 and 93), I think.

Evarts beat them (1991) when Musick had those good teams, and I remember Russell running for 200 yards that game.

Cumberland beat Corbin in 86 when the Skins went to the state finals and lost 7-6 the next year.

Thanks HDE...:thumb:

Did Saylor coach that team in 86'?

As a outsider looking in and reading all of these posts it really sounds like Harlan Ind. is not wanting to compete with Harlan Co., but as one person previously posted wants to ride Harlan Co. coat tails. What I have observed and it is only an observation, is that Harlan Ind. wants the county/city bowl to exist, but is not willing to play against Harlan Co. (Right ?) This must mean that they do want all of the 1400 students as one said and all of their parents to attened the County/City bowl. This resulting in the City getting a very Large gate every other year without playing the County. As an outside observation is sounds like the City wants the Countys money but not the competition on the field. Just my observations.::