Obama should be proud to be named Hussein

It seems like there a movement by some to point out the "a-rabby" sound of Obama's name by referring to his middle name (Seemingly drawing an association with Saddam), with hopes of maybe frightening some voter enough to sway votes away from him.

I found an article that, if you take the time to read, will educate you on the real meaning, context, and background of his name.

http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/02/28/hussein/

"John McCain repudiated Cunningham's low tactics and said that using the middle name like that three times was "inappropriate" and would never happen again at one of his rallies."

" Barack and Hussein are Semitic words. Americans have been named with Semitic names since the founding of the republic. Fourteen of our 43 presidents have had Semitic names"

"America is a world civilization with a world heritage, something Cunningham will never understand. "

"Barack is a Semitic word meaning "to bless" as a verb or "blessing" as a noun. In its Hebrew form, barak, it is found all through the Bible. It first occurs in Genesis 1:22 -- "And God blessed (ḇāreḵə) them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth." "

"Now let us take the name "Hussein." It is from the Semitic word hasan, meaning "good" or "handsome." Husayn is the diminutive, affectionate form."

"Obama's first two names mean "blessing, the good." If we are lucky enough to get him for president, we can only hope that his names are prophetic for us."

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Barack Hussein Obama's because:

a) I find nothing wrong in using it.

b) I agree that he should be proud in using it.

c) Being Muslim (which he isn't) isn't a crime.

d) The only people making a big deal out of the use of his name are those on the left and his so called supporters.

e) The whole Bill Cunningham thing was so blown out of proportion by those in the media and on the left.

d) The only people making a big deal out of the use of his name are those on the left and his so called supporters.

e) The whole Bill Cunningham thing was so blown out of proportion by those in the media and on the left.

:rolleyes:

Talk about spin. :lol:

I agree that Senator Obama should be proud of his middle name. He should proudly proclaim that his name is Barack Hussein Obama. Obama needs to explain that he is proud to be a Christian and a 17-year member of the Trinity United Church of Christ.

Then, Barack Hussein Obama should elaborate on what it means to be a typical black person in this country surrounded by typical white people and explain the valuable lessons the Rev. Dr. Jeremiah Wright has taught him about Black Liberation Theology during the past 20 years that Rev. Wright mentored him.

If Senator Obama takes my advice, nobody will ever mistake him for a Muslim again because of his middle name.

Much like theReverend Wright, all I know about you is what I read in your posts. Your posts cause me to lump you into exactly the same category as Reverend Wright. The only difference is that the Reverend Wright is much more honest about what he is saying. Do I have an accurate picture of you? I suspect no. That is the problem with drawing a conclusion about a person based on a few posts or a few minutes on TV.

Much like theReverend Wright, all I know about you is what I read in your posts. Your posts cause me to lump you into exactly the same category as Reverend Wright. The only difference is that the Reverend Wright is much more honest about what he is saying. Do I have an accurate picture of you? I suspect no. That is the problem with drawing a conclusion about a person based on a few posts or a few minutes on TV.
Your opinion of me means absolutely nothing to me. It’s a free country; you’re entitled to your opinion.

How is he more honest than I? I pretty much tell it like it is which is likely why you have some contempt toward me.

As I’ve already said, I don’t suffer from white guilt, there’s no reason for me to. He makes excuses for bad behavior and spreads hatred. I’m not doing anything like that whatsoever; I’m the one being honest.

And John McCain?

I do know RTS and to lump him into the same category as Rev. Wright isn't the correct category to put him.

RTS is one of the most honest people I've ever known. You may not agree with what he is saying but he always says exactly what he means. He and I are poles apart when it comes to polictics but that has never stopped us from being friends.

Now on to the man that RTS is. He is a very christian man and has a heart as big as the earth. RTS is a person that anyone would be proud to call friend.

I do know RTS and to lump him into the same category as Rev. Wright isn't the correct category to put him.

RTS is one of the most honest people I've ever known. You may not agree with what he is saying but he always says exactly what he means. He and I are poles apart when it comes to polictics but that has never stopped us from being friends.

Now on to the man that RTS is. He is a very christian man and has a heart as big as the earth. RTS is a person that anyone would be proud to call friend.

That is sort of my point. I think that what we have seen of Reverend Wright on television is very bad, but I suspect that is not all there is to him. Those who know him seem to think that he has other qualities that make him worth keeping as a friend in spite, of some of the things he says. The same thing may well be true of RTS. You certainly think so and I'll accept that. All I know of RTS is what I read on here. If that is all I know of him, my opinion is going to be very low and on a par with Reverend Wright. I am sure that is not a complete picture of him.