Obama should be proud to be named Hussein

So you honestly think he's only had one or two sermons like this? Come on...

I believe that if this had been his consistent rhetoric for the last 20 years, this would not have been the first we'd have heard, not would this have been the only speech circulating and publicized. I've read and watched interviews with members of the congregation, and with clegry not associated with Trinity. I've made a point to do more than watch a video clip.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that if this had been his consistent rhetoric for the last 20 years, this would not have been the first we'd have heard, not would this have been the only speech circulating and publicized. I've read and watched interviews with members of the congregation, and with clegry not associated with Trinity. I've made a point to do more than watch a video clip.
A video clip (singular)??? You have watched only one of the video clips? Maybe you should watch the other ones that Senator Obama eventually condemned.

I have also watched interviews with members of the Trinity congregation and they have indicated that the clips are typical and that Rev. Wright speaks the truth. I also watched Rev. Wright's successor instruct members of the congregation to refuse to speak to the media last Sunday.

Nobody is disputing that Trinity and Rev. Wright have not done good work in their community for the past 20 years - but that is a separate issue from whether Jeremiah Wright is a racist anti-American.

Here's but one of the articles I've read this week:

Congregation Defends Obama's Ex-Pastor

Seems to me that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's hatred is seeping through.

"The world is only seeing this tiny piece of him," Moss said. "Right now, we are all being vilified. This isn't just about Trinity, isn't just about [Wright]. This is an attack on the African American church tradition, and that's the way we see it. This is an attempt to silence our voice."

Again, I do not condone what he said. But again, I feel if he were truely a racist, this would not have been the first we'd heard of it, given the high-profile nature of his church in his community.

Yet again, believe what you want, based upon the video clips. You'll understand of course, if I choose to look deeper into the story than what the media chooses to sensationalize.

Seems to me that the Rev. Jeremiah Wright's hatred is seeping through.

"The world is only seeing this tiny piece of him," Moss said. "Right now, we are all being vilified. This isn't just about Trinity, isn't just about [Wright]. This is an attack on the African American church tradition, and that's the way we see it. This is an attempt to silence our voice."

Or that the African American church feels that they're being judged on isolated instances, and that the whole story isn't being told. Frankly, who can blame them? I see little evidence in this forum, representing only a miniscule subsection of the American demographic, that leads me to believe anyone is seeking anything more than the media is feeding them.

Or that the African American church feels that they're being judged on isolated instances, and that the whole story isn't being told. Frankly, who can blame them? I see little evidence in this forum, representing only a miniscule subsection of the American demographic, that leads me to believe anyone is seeking anything more than the media is feeding them.
But you yourself take issue with what he said. Why then, the need to see him and his church being judged on isolated instances. Wrong is wrong, is it not?

Ah heck, I would never disown you, RM.

20 years is 20 years. You have to believe this isn't all news to Barack Hussein Obama and he's likely heard worse in private. What I wonder is how much Obama agrees with him in private.

Is it possible that he has heard better, too? Is it possible that is why Obama still calls him friend?

Really don't care, have I not made that clear. :lol:

Still funny how you didn't bring it up then.

For the record, this is the first I’ve said anything about the incessant use of middle names. In fact, if you read my post I shared my reasoning for not using the middle names of any of the candidates. I will also reiterate, for the third time in this thread, that I am not bothered by the ridiculous use of the candidates' middle names, but I will continue to chuckle slightly each time I see grown men and women engage in such childish dialogue.

For the record, this is the first I’ve said anything about the incessant use of middle names. In fact, if you read my post I shared my reasoning for not using the middle names of any of the candidates. I will also reiterate, for the third time in this thread, that I am not bothered by the ridiculous use of the candidates' middle names, but I will continue to chuckle slightly each time I see grown men and women engage in such childish dialogue.
And I will reiterate that if you weren't bothered by it you wouln't have brought it up and how it's funny that you didn't bring it up when I typed Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton or John Sidney McCain III. I chuckle each time someone comments on the use of middle names, so welcome to the sandbox. :D

Here is a list of names to scoff at:

John Quincy Adams

William Henry Harrison

James Knox Polk

Ulysses Simpson Grant

Rutherford Birchard Hayes

James Abram Garfield

Chester Alan Arthur

Stephen Grover Cleveland

William Howard Taft

Thomas Woodrow Wilson

Warren Gamaliel Harding