Snowed in breakfasts

ladiesbballcoach

I just fixed breakfast. Bacon egg and cheese on biscuits. Extra biscuits with blueberry jelly. Gooking soup beans for lunch, along with fried potatoes, cornbread, onions, and pork chops.

Sitting here eating breakfast.....biscuit and gravy, eggs, sausage and a biscuit with strawberry jam on it.

I also have a pot of soup beans on the stove cooking up a storm. I think I'll fry up some taters and just eat like a little pig tonight. My favorite meal of all time is this...I take two pieces of white bread and put a few pieces of bologna in between them. I then pour my beans all over it, put some potatoes on the plate and wow am I in hog heaven!!!:thumb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This morning:

Homemade cinammon hotcakes with wild blueberry syrup

Fresh sausage

Cantaloupe

Sliced apples with cinammon

Fresh squeezed orange juice with oranges my partner brought back from FL

Coffee

I like to make some homemade drop biscuits.....cut them in half and place them on a plate.....then I make some sausage gravy (I like using Purnell's Sausage), I then make egss over easy and pan fry some bacon....I stack them all up, eat, and wait for my heart to stop...but oh is it yummy...

check these out, this is a recipe I make for special occasions....

GINGERBREAD PANCAKES

3 cups all purpose flour

1 cup dark brown sugar, packed firmly

1 tablespoon baking powder

1 ½ teaspoons baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

1 ½ teaspoons ground ginger

¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

½ cup water

½ cup strong black coffee

4 eggs, lightly beaten

1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled

¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice

1 – In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves, taking care to blend all the ingredients well.

2 – In a large bowl, combine the water, coffee, eggs, and lemon juice. Whisk in the melted butter.

3 – Add the dry ingredients to the wet (it works best to add about half the flour mixture first, stir, then add the rest, whisking just until combined into a smooth batter. Don’t over-mix, to keep the pancakes tender). Let the batter rest for 15 minutes before continuing.

4 – For each pancake, ladle about ¼ cup of the batter onto a lightly greased griddle or non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook on one side for about three minutes, you’ll know it’s ready to turn when bubbles start to appear around the edges and the bottoms are slightly browned. Carefully flip the cake and continue cooking on the other side for about two minutes more. Keep warm until all the pancakes are finished, then serve with your choice of fruit, maple syrup or butter.

Just finished breakfast here in eastern KY. Fixed biscuits and brown gravy, sausage/bacon/tenderloin, OJ and coffee. Now that's a breakfast that will stick with us all.

Now I'm getting ready to start the lasagna (for later) with texas toast and salad. I figure since the snow is coming down, might as well eat all the comfort foods I can find!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

AND . . . I'll sleep in between!! :sleep:

...also instead of using milk in the egg wash, using very, very cold water....it will make the french toast fluff up more....
Seems like that would make it kind of thin. :confused:

I'm a french toast junkie! :thumb:

The perfect breakfast would be two eggs (scrambled), sausage patties, hash browns, milk, juice, and toast. In other words, McDonalds' big breakfast. :lol:

Now, any combination of all that with french toast would be mega-awesome! But I'd have to have my stomach pumped at some point. :creepy:

I also like to make french toast....now, IMO french toast can only be made with texas toast.....also instead of using milk in the egg wash, using very, very cold water....it will make the french toast fluff up more....

I don't like a fluffy, dry french toast. I use eggs, milk, and quite a bit of sugar. With the sugar, it makes it sweet so there's no need for syrup.

Coffee and doughnuts this morning, but I have a plan for tommorrow:

Breakfast Sausage Casserole

2 1/2 cups seasoned croutons

1 1/2 lbs. sausage

4 eggs beaten

2 1/2 cups milk

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained

3/4 tsp. dry mustard

2 cups or 8 oz. cheddar cheese

Pour croutons in a 13x9x2 baking dish

Brown sausage, crumble and drain on paper towels

Beat eggs, add milk, soup, mushrooms and dry mustard

Layer sausage over croutons, pour above wet mixture over sausage

Refridgerate 8 hours or overnight.

Remove from fridge 30 mins. before baking.

Bake at 325, 50-55 minutes, remove, sprinkle cheese on top and

continue baking 5-10 minutes longer until cheese melts.

Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Heart attack in a dish! Even better served with some Keene's Country Ham and Hashbrown Casserole! YUM!!!!!

Coffee and doughnuts this morning, but I have a plan for tommorrow:

Breakfast Sausage Casserole

2 1/2 cups seasoned croutons

1 1/2 lbs. sausage

4 eggs beaten

2 1/2 cups milk

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms, drained

3/4 tsp. dry mustard

2 cups or 8 oz. cheddar cheese

Pour croutons in a 13x9x2 baking dish

Brown sausage, crumble and drain on paper towels

Beat eggs, add milk, soup, mushrooms and dry mustard

Layer sausage over croutons, pour above wet mixture over sausage

Refridgerate 8 hours or overnight.

Remove from fridge 30 mins. before baking.

Bake at 325, 50-55 minutes, remove, sprinkle cheese on top and

continue baking 5-10 minutes longer until cheese melts.

Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

Heart attack in a dish! Even better served with some Keene's Country Ham and Hashbrown Casserole! YUM!!!!!

I make the same thing.....minus the mushrooms (I use cream of chicken instead).

Today's breakfast was homemade biscuits, sausage gravy (my favorite), eggs (made to order......kids :rolleyes:), and bacon. I must say that the breakfast was great. However, I wasn't so excited about it after I had to get out and shovel the drive. :lol:

Here's an interesting bit of trivia: I've never eaten sausage gravy...or even seen anyone eat sausage gravy, in person. :cool:

Monk - That breakfast sausage casserole sounds amazingly good! But does it come with a cardiologist? ;)