Russ Middleton

Stephen Mcfarland

Taylor Botkins

Who's the Faulner kid ? Never heard of him:lol::D:flame:

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the top juniors in the state that may represent us in the annual KY/IN All-Star Series.

Here are 9 that come to my mind:

1. Jonathan Ferguson--Elliott County

2. Jon Hood--Madisonville

3. Richie Phares--Scott County

4. CJ Penny--Anderson County

5. Jacob Jenkins--Manual

6. Darrin Ballou--Adair County

7. Vee Sanford--Lexington Catholic

8. Josh Crawford--Corbin

9. Russ Middleton--Mason County

Who are the other 5 or 6 that should make this list?? :rolleyes:

How did I know when I saw this that this was started by Elliott County lover?:banana:

I'm talking in terms of Mr. Basketball for next year. The other kids are very deserving to be mentioned.

I would be interested to know how bball jones would like to explain why he feels Hood and Phares are pretenders.

Mr. Basketball is open at the top. Hood is having a very good season and is putting up solid numbers to go along with an offer to UK. He is the current favorite in a lot of people's opinion.

Phares is just now coming into his own. He is a post player that has shown some versatility in some of the recent games by stepping out of the paint and hitting some midrange shots. A big game with 28 points against Bryan Station continues to put his name in the mix. Phares does play for a top 3 team and Scott County will likely be in that position next year as well. I do believe Phares right now is the top front-court prospect in Kentucky and will average a double-double next season.

Jenkins performed strong in all the major tourneys this season leading his team in each by averaging 22 points per game in the Defenders, 20 per game in the King of the Bluegrass, and 18 per game in the LIT. Manual finished 3rd in the KOB and won the LIT. Jenkins will get the exposure once again next year of playing in the state's main events as Manual is already set to play in next year's KOB and LIT.

All three could end up in the Sweet 16 this year and could provide a further boost to whichever does make it to the state tourney. There are a lot of factors with Mr. Basketball including some that will spring up and make a claim in the race during the season just as Shelvin Mack is doing right now. Just my two-cents worth.

Heres my list in no particular order

Richie Phares Scott County

Leonard Macon Taylor County

Evan Faulkner elliot

Ethan Faulkner Elliot

Jonathan Ferguson Elliot

Matt Clevenger Pikeville

Andy Donovan Franklin County

Barrett Meyers Franklin County

Jon Hood Madisonville

Darrin Ballou Adair County

Jacob Jenkins Manual

Vee Sanford Catholic

Russ Middleton Mason County

Stephen Mcfarland Boone County

Taylor Botkins Catholic

It's good to see Botkins get some recognition. He is not a flashy player nor high-scoring player, but he does everything his coach says to do and does it with 110% effort.

The thread was about what juniors "might" represent us in Ky/In All Star game nextyear. Nothing was said about who would represent for Mr. Basketball. You didn't even say nothing about Mr. Basketball in your original post which said Hood, Phare's 1 and 1a rest are pretender's.

I really don't know what you mean by the highlighted, but I am assuming you meant WOULD I CARE TO EXPLAIN. Don't mind a bit..........By the same reason you felt all the others were pretender's. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and they do vary!:thumb:

I agree opinions do vary, but its pretty obvious you are just looking to disagree with me. How many games have you seen from down in Miami?

Mr. Basketball is open at the top. Hood is having a very good season and is putting up solid numbers to go along with an offer to UK. He is the current favorite in a lot of people's opinion.

Phares is just now coming into his own. He is a post player that has shown some versatility in some of the recent games by stepping out of the paint and hitting some midrange shots. A big game with 28 points against Bryan Station continues to put his name in the mix. Phares does play for a top 3 team and Scott County will likely be in that position next year as well. I do believe Phares right now is the top front-court prospect in Kentucky and will average a double-double next season.

Jenkins performed strong in all the major tourneys this season leading his team in each by averaging 22 points per game in the Defenders, 20 per game in the King of the Bluegrass, and 18 per game in the LIT. Manual finished 3rd in the KOB and won the LIT. Jenkins will get the exposure once again next year of playing in the state's main events as Manual is already set to play in next year's KOB and LIT.

All three could end up in the Sweet 16 this year and could provide a further boost to whichever does make it to the state tourney. There are a lot of factors with Mr. Basketball including some that will spring up and make a claim in the race during the season just as Shelvin Mack is doing right now. Just my two-cents worth.

It is open at the top....to two or three guys.;)

How did I know when I saw this that this was started by Elliott County lover?:banana:

I don't know how you got the impression I am an Elliott County lover. Actually I wonder myself since I live outside Danville. I was looking for a team to cheer for so I closed my eyes, threw a dart at a KY Map and it landed in little ole Sandy Hook. My first time attempting to find it I got scared about 15 miles down Hwy. 32 and came back home. Next time I

closed my eyes and somehow made it.:jump:

How is Hood not the best Jr. in the state? He has Major Div 1 coaches flying in to see him. Taking nothing away from Ferguson as he is a great scorer but Hood seems to be the total package.

Remember, I wasn't ranking them even though I numbered them. I just listed them as they came to mind in no particular ranking. Haven't seen Hood, but you are right as he is drawing interest from Tenn, UK, Georgia, Florida, Louisville, and others. I listed a group of players I thought would garner consideration as top players in 08/09. And then hoped (which others did) to add to the list to come up with 20 or so top Juniors in the state.

It is open at the top....to two or three guys.;)

Fair enough. And there will be a few others get mentioned. I will say that Phares has worked his way in to the race. Right now, most believe it is Hood, Jenkins, and Phares and in that order. As I said, a lot can happen between now and next year or midseason of next year.