Will Billy Gillispie make it past Season one?

ADopted ADmiral

Will Billy G make it past season one?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Will Billy G make it past season one?

• Yes
    • No

As a longtime fan who has supported losing football coaches after losing football coaches all the way back to the John Ray era, my first inclination is that he definitely gets whatever time is needed to build the program to his style. However, I'm beginning to believe there are issues here well beyond winning or losing. After reading all the rumors about his late night indisgressions and listening to poor Tom Leach's attempt at a pregame interview with the coach, I'm concerned more and more that we have hired a combination Eddie Sutton/Bob Knight type individual. I know that the only trait many of us look for in a coach or a program is winning. That's why we've spend so much time on probation. I am for the first time very close to calling for the dismissal of a Kentucky coach in his first season, or any season for that matter.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Losing Morris and getting Patterson is a wash at worst, might have improved UK at best.

I think that Patterson will be better than Morris ever was, but as of now - I'd take Morris as my starting center. Would be nice to have them both.

Well, GT proved this viewpoint wrong in his thread on UK talent. Here is the facts.

per Rivals.

5 Star

Patterson

Crawford

4 Star

Jasper

Meeks

Stevenson

3 Star

Bradley

Stewart

Harris

Carter

There is plenty of talent on this roster. Stop using it as a crutch. While the bottom of the roster needs an upgrade, UK has plenty of talent to win

Yes there is some talent on the team if you just look at rankings, but you need to look past that. On this team, there is one healthy consistent scorer. The other 5 star, Crawford, has never lived up to expectations and is not a consistent ball player.

Meeks and Jasper are both good players, but have been hurt. Stevenson is weak, and not an offensive talent at all. His strengths on the defensive end are negated when matched up with a bulky big man as he is pushed around constantly.

Bradley is a good ball player but still makes too many stupid mistakes, even as a senior. Stewart hasn't seen the floor much, but appears to be athletic. Harris and Carter, both horrible. Neither have any hands at all and cant shoot. Carter has to be the worst big man in the country at sealing his man off and making himself big.

The bottom line is, we have one real post player and he is our only consistent offense. No one else can we count on night in night out to give us points. This team has very little talent, and its depressing to see UK in this state.

Do you have Proof that Tubby did not bring in Patterson?

From I can remember when Tubby was recruiting Patterson His choices where down to UK and Florida...

He didn't commit to Tubby, thats my proof. BCG comes in with no relationship with him at all and gets him to sign with in 6 weeks.

Point is, Tubby had been recruiting Patterson for 2+ years and did not say yes to him. He commits to BCG in 6 weeks.

That is something you cannot dispute. Patterson did NOT commit while Tubby was here.

And if Billy D would have taken the UK Job He would have commited to him also...IMO He was going to Sign with UK even if Tubby had stayed...

Ok, well thats an opinion, you can't prove your statement. Here is a fact though, Patterson did NOT commint to UK while Tubby was here. BCG comes in and 6 weeks later does something that Tubby has a REAL problem in doing... .signing a 5 star PF

Again some say Tubby landed PP and I disagree. As I've said on here before if PP thought that much of Tubby why didn't he go ahead and sign. As close as he was to Lexington I'm sure he knew what type of pressure Tubby was under to sign him, so why didn't he relieve some of that by commiting?

Again some say Tubby landed PP and I disagree. As I've said on here before if PP thought that much of Tubby why didn't he go ahead and sign. As close as he was to Lexington I'm sure he knew what type of pressure Tubby was under to sign him, so why didn't he relieve some of that by commiting?

I think he was waiting to see if Tubby was going to leave...Why didn't He go ahead and commit to UF while UK and Tubby was recruiting him?

From what I heard when Tubby left...Patterson said UK is off the list...

If anything Billy G. saved the day...

Has he even signed a contract?

The memorandum of understanding is a legal binding deal. This was talked about on 630 on the pregame show for the UL/UK game.

Has an actual official contract been signed...no. The memorandum of understanding serves as one for now.