Will Billy Gillispie make it past Season one?

ADopted ADmiral

Will Billy G make it past season one?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Will Billy G make it past season one?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quotes from the Press conference Yesterday

Rick P

On Coach Gillispie…

“Don’t get discouraged, he’s a terrific coach. He really is a terrific coach. What you saw last year with a hot team in Texas A&M, he’s going to get that type of talent in here. He’s a tireless worker and a great recruiter. Down the road, this is going to be a journey for him. Just stay positive. You’re going to have a program like the old days – because I am getting old. He’ll do a terrific job for you.”

Maybe some people should listen to the old coach....BCG will be fine.

Quotes from the Press conference Yesterday

Rick P

On Coach Gillispie…

“Don’t get discouraged, he’s a terrific coach. He really is a terrific coach. What you saw last year with a hot team in Texas A&M, he’s going to get that type of talent in here. He’s a tireless worker and a great recruiter. Down the road, this is going to be a journey for him. Just stay positive. You’re going to have a program like the old days – because I am getting old. He’ll do a terrific job for you.”

Maybe some people should listen to the old coach....BCG will be fine.

Coach P also said that If Tubby Leaves it will set the program back ten years...;)

The only way he is not here next season is if it is of his own choosing. There is no way that the athletic department is so dense that they would expect him to be able to install his system the very first year.

Outside of Patterson (whom he brought in, not Tubby) the team is devoid of any talent in the post. Something tells me that BCG will be cheering loudest of all come Senior day as Bradley and Crawford make their exit. While both are cabable scorers, neither appear to care whatsoever about anything else such as defense or pasisng, etc.

Furthermore, if he were to be forced out, who in their right mind would come to coach at UK. Depending on who you believe BCG was the third choice this time around. UK would be reaching to the bottom of the barrel for their next coach if they are hiring come spring.

The only way he is not here next season is if it is of his own choosing. There is no way that the athletic department is so dense that they would expect him to be able to install his system the very first year.

Outside of Patterson (whom he brought in, not Tubby) the team is devoid of any talent in the post. Something tells me that BCG will be cheering loudest of all come Senior day as Bradley and Crawford make their exit. While both are cabable scorers, neither appear to care whatsoever about anything else such as defense or pasisng, etc.

Do you have Proof that Tubby did not bring in Patterson?

From I can remember when Tubby was recruiting Patterson His choices where down to UK and Florida...

Furthermore, if he were to be forced out, who in their right mind would come to coach at UK. Depending on who you believe BCG was the third choice this time around. UK would be reaching to the bottom of the barrel for their next coach if they are hiring come spring.

Also as I remember There were no Coaches beating down the Door to get the UK Job...

The reason Billy G wanted the Job is because He is a Young,Up and coming Coach that wanted the challenge...

Ain't that the truth. We barely gave Brooks 3 years, and that's in football. No way BCG gets 5. If he's not winning during year 3, he's done.

Year 3 is fair enough to an extent. He will have his own recruits by then. He currently has one recruit thats his. Do you guys go to work and work with your coworkers equipment?

Year 3 is fair enough to an extent. He will have his own recruits by then. He currently has one recruit thats his. Do you guys go to work and work with your coworkers equipment?
I use whatever my employer provides me to work with. Most of us don't have the luxury of throwing away the materials and tools that our predecessors used and then buying all new stuff with the owner's money.