Who else is on a Diet right now?

Rebel

Last year, I swore never to diet again. I exercised more and ate less and lost 25 pounds. If I felt like pigging out I did, just not on a regular basis. It was easier than any diet I ever went on. The weight came of gradually, but I feel better than I have in a few years. My blood pressure, which was borderline is now normal and I dropped my cholesterol 54 points without the use of prescription medication (did use fish oil).

That being said, I did put some back on over the holidays, but felt less guilty about it, because I know I will be going back to my "new old ways"....starting Monday!;)

I think diets truly set you up to fail...........I fail on hundreds of them. I am a true believer of NEVER dieting again.

I agree. :thumb:

Lifestyle changes are a lot more important than going on a diet. The word diet, in how we use it, makes it sound like a temporary fix until we hit a target weight.

Last year, I swore never to diet again. I exercised more and ate less and lost 25 pounds. If I felt like pigging out I did, just not on a regular basis. It was easier than any diet I ever went on. The weight came of gradually, but I feel better than I have in a few years. My blood pressure, which was borderline is now normal and I dropped my cholesterol 54 points without the use of prescription medication (did use fish oil).

That being said, I did put some back on over the holidays, but felt less guilty about it, because I know I will be going back to my "new old ways"....starting Monday!;)

I think diets truly set you up to fail...........I fail on hundreds of them. I am a true believer of NEVER dieting again.

And you look wonderful, by the way!

Remember, DIET is a four letter word.

It's supposed to be a LIFE STYLE CHANGE.

I've been "changing" since May and have reverted a bit lately. I think it's football withdrawl!

I have decided to kick it in and dedicate myself to a healthier me!

What a difference 25 lbs. makes! I want to feel another 25 go away!!!!!

Everyone, keep up the good work. It's for YOU!!!!!!

I started at 12:00 a.m. on the 1st. So far so good I'm down 5lbs. :thumb: Getting through the first week is hard. At least I have the "Biggest Loser" show to inspire me each week.

Good for you Rebel, I'll start mine soon.

I'm really trying to exercise more. I use to workout everyday for at least an hour. Slowly as aches and pains increased (such as knees going bad so the 3 mile run went by the wayside) exercising has diminished. Over football season , I probably only got into the gym 10 times in the last 4 months:irked:. So exercise is what I really want to concentrate on right now.

My biggest problem now is, after I workout I come home get a hot shower and then want to take a nap. I can't waist too many days that way.:sleep:

To me, the most effective way to lose weight is, in this order:

1. Portion Control

2. Exercise

3. NO SODA!!!

4. Food Choice

IMO too many people buy into diets that skip #1 and tell people they can eat as much as they want, but, i.e., no carbs. That's a load of you know what. It is much more psychological then anything, you have to be able to exhibit self-control in terms of portions.

To me, the most effective way to lose weight is, in this order:

1. Portion Control

2. Exercise

3. NO SODA!!!

4. Food Choice

IMO too many people buy into diets that skip #1 and tell people they can eat as much as they want, but, i.e., no carbs. That's a load of you know what. It is much more psychological then anything, you have to be able to exhibit self-control in terms of portions.

Also it's about the time you eat. You should eat frequently, but that doesn't mean you stuff yourself every time. When I'm working out (I haven't been on my "diet" for about 2 months) I try to eat 5 times a day or more, but I try to eat smaller meals. I lost gained around 30 lbs of fat my freshman year and lost it all my sophmore year when doing that diet and exercising.

And you look wonderful, by the way!

Remember, DIET is a four letter word.

It's supposed to be a LIFE STYLE CHANGE.

I've been "changing" since May and have reverted a bit lately. I think it's football withdrawl!

I have decided to kick it in and dedicate myself to a healthier me!

What a difference 25 lbs. makes! I want to feel another 25 go away!!!!!

Everyone, keep up the good work. It's for YOU!!!!!!

And YOU look MAHHHHHHVELOUS Yourself!