Field Turf and Big Screen

I was at Letcher County Central game against Lawrence and was iimpressed with their facitlities and beautiful field and the Big Screen (Trinitron?). I don't know what the real name of these big screens are called. But does anyone know about the costs involved in getting turf and big screen like the one at Letcher County Central?

Costs are coming down on the turf, but I think you're looking at between 500-700K depending on the existing site, base, drainage work, etc. For a new construction it is a bit cheaper too vs. replacing an existing field with turf.

I have no idea what the jumbo tron package would cost.

I was at Letcher County Central game against Lawrence and was iimpressed with their facitlities and beautiful field and the Big Screen (Trinitron?). I don't know what the real name of these big screens are called. But does anyone know about the costs involved in getting turf and big screen like the one at Letcher County Central?

We had a big screen for one year!!!!:rolleyes: Money well spent i know that

I was at Letcher County Central game against Lawrence and was impressed with their facilities and beautiful field and the Big Screen (Trinitron?). I don't know what the real name of these big screens are called. But does anyone know about the costs involved in getting turf and big screen like the one at Letcher County Central?
They are not cheap and the Jumbotron unit at Letcher, is top of the line. It was extremely expensive and did affect, other aspects of the overall project but that was the option of the Administration.

The turf and installation is expensive but the preparation, drainage and grade work, were first class by the contractor. If anyone could have seen the site before and now, they wouldn't believe the transformation.

Did it get repoed?

Sponsors were an Imaging center. I think they pulled their sponsorship. It was not as nice as a jumbo tron. This was a projection screen with a back projection image on it. We also weren't allowed to watch previous plays, game changing plays, any turnover plays, etc. per KHSAA rules. I think it would be nice to get another one in place of the old one. Just don't put in too close to the cannon, we don't want it to break.

I read an article last week about Letcher's set up.

They use 3 camera persons in different locations, and have a staff of engineers who choose the image for teh big screen from a split screen computer showing all 3 camera feeds. They can pipe up stats, videos, etc. Sounded sweet.

But in the article, they stated that they use instant replay a lot and Big Bird up there just said it was against KHSAA rules. Is that true.

They use 3 camera persons in different locations, and have a staff of engineers who choose the image for teh big screen from a split screen computer showing all 3 camera feeds. They can pipe up stats, videos, etc. Sounded sweet.

But in the article, they stated that they use instant replay a lot and Big Bird up there just said it was against KHSAA rules. Is that true.

I believe the KHSAA, asked any school system to not show replays, that involved calls or potentially controversial plays.

I believe the KHSAA, asked any school system to not show replays, that involved calls or potentially controversial plays.

:thumb:

So that would mean many when it comes to playing rivals, and playoff games. I do miss that. It was nice to see some of those really hard hits replayed in slow-mo.

Uhoh 'Tusi..... you Christmas shopping for the Belfry program? :D

I have yet to get to see the screen at Letcher, I was hoping it would have been up a few years ago when bell played Letcher, I think it was maybe the 3d or 4th game for the school. I do have to say though, I was impressed and have been wanting to cross the mountain again to watch a game up there. Not only were the facilities wonderful, but the setting for the school and such, on top of the mountain like that...I loved it.