Boom goes the cannon!!

gamer31

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On about the third one or so, my ears popped. I have been going to Highlands games since I can remember being alive, played there, and been going every year since. I have never had my ears pop when the cannon goes off. That was truly amazing. Nice work Boom. If my ears popped, then I know yours were feeling it. Seriously, we all up in the Pumkin Patch were impressed with it. Nice work!!!:flame:

No one has answered me . If Highlands gets to the finals at PAPA Johns can you bring the cannon along and If you can ,will they NCC borrow it if the Breds make it to the finals ?:banana::banana: ,

In another thread you told me that you don't like us Ft Thomasites and now you want to use our cannon? Is you crazy or just nutz?

I think they took it to Cardinal Stadium once and were ASKED not to do it again.

No one has answered me . If Highlands gets to the finals at PAPA Johns can you bring the cannon along and If you can ,will they NCC borrow it if the Breds make it to the finals ?:banana::banana: ,

I still like the idea of getting a real horse to come to the game. Can't any of you Breds' fans find someone that has a trained horse and a person that could arrange that? It would be so neat to see that. But, again, I don't think it would be welcome in the pizza box. I think that there is some law against animals in a pizza place or something like that (health dept.) haha

The cannon no longer travels. We enjoy being able to shoot it off at home games and would like to keep it that way. Most other cities do not have a fondness for the cannon as we in the Fort do, and I really don't blame them. It use to travel, years ago, but too many issues. Once it was painted black and red over night after a Highlands game and fired at UC for one of their homecoming games. After the game it went missing for 6 months. It was finally located on the 3rd floor of a frat house. It had to be disassembled to get it out of the house.

Back in the beginning when Highlands would go to state, the school would hold a night pep rally and parade and they would drive the cannon thru town and fire it off. That got a few hearts pumping.

Not a chance that it would ever be fired for NC or anyother school in the area. Heck they don't even fire it for anyother Highlands sport. Such as basketball, soccer, baseball, etc. Strictly FOOTBALL!

I don't know if any of your remember 15 years ago when we played at Ashland Paul G. Blazer and they had that little pop gun. That thing was hilarious. I am not making fun, but we took ours there with us and theirs was just so tiny and you could barely hear it on the other side of the stadium. I love our cannon. Thanks for making it a part of HHS Tradition.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Tell the old coach to play some football , and I bet you would hear it as much as you like.:jump::jump:

I am sure that it would be sounded a few times in that game if it were ever to take place. How about all these teams that are going so far in the playoffs getting some scheduling adjustments to play each other next year. That is, of course except for the obvious one that apparently will never take place again. I think the only way they would play us is if they get that new field I heard that they are getting and got to play it at home. So, like I said, probably never going to happen.