Corbin at Newport Central Catholic (2A)

Dlbdonn

Who wins  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Corbin Redhounds

That is a brilliant insight. Let's continue to have fun on here. Hope if your a Corbin fan you get to come and watch these two pretty darn good teams match up. Newcath has been packing them in lately. Im sure Corbin will bring a crowd. This will be nothing shy of a great game. Great fans on both sides, a beautiful field to play on. The passing attack of the Breds versus the Running game of the Redhounds. I guess it boils down to this. The team that has their facemasks bent the most will win. They won't be able to get their helmets off their heads, and will therefore continue on to next week. Good luck to both teams

I'm not sure that Corbin can be labeled as a running team since their yardage gained is close to 50/50 pass and running. You will probably see them line up Friday in some 4 and 5 WR sets as often as you will see them line up in a full house backfield.

Corbin will have problems offensively if they can't run effectively since that will open up the passing game. If the Hounds' line can open up some holes and give Cashen some time to throw, Corbin will move the ball.

The key to the game is defensively can the Hounds slow down the NewCath attack? I would like to see a defensive gameplan similar to the one Corbin used to shut down E-town when Chris Todd was their QB and they ran an offense similar to NewCath. Corbin has faced several teams over the past few years who run these types of offenses and have had mixed results.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may come as a surpise on Friday night but keep an eye out on #19 Joseph Hamlin at linebacker. He probably doesn't go 145 soaking wet but is pound for pound one of the most physical players I have seen. Surprisingly his brother back in 2004 was the only person I can compare to being as physical at that size.

At 145 he would be a DT for New Cath's small D;)

Past Playoff Meetings

1986 - Newport Central Catholic 28 Corbin 6

I remember this game like it was yesterday! VERY cold night in Corbin. Corbin was the favorite in this game (I see some similarities) and NC was up 21-0 at the half. The beginning of the 2nd half was the maddest I have ever seen coach Schneider because of an incident with a Corbin RB uniform :sssh::sssh::sssh:

I'm not sure that Corbin can be labeled as a running team since their yardage gained is close to 50/50 pass and running. You will probably see them line up Friday in some 4 and 5 WR sets as often as you will see them line up in a full house backfield.

Corbin will have problems offensively if they can't run effectively since that will open up the passing game. If the Hounds' line can open up some holes and give Cashen some time to throw, Corbin will move the ball.

The key to the game is defensively can the Hounds slow down the NewCath attack? I would like to see a defensive gameplan similar to the one Corbin used to shut down E-town when Chris Todd was their QB and they ran an offense similar to NewCath. Corbin has faced several teams over the past few years who run these types of offenses and have had mixed results.

This is gonna be a gooden

Looks like the Corbin fans got to the "Disrespect" card before we did. I hate when that happens. I believe that any knowledgable NewCath fan knows our strengths and weaknesses and that Corbin is a good ballclub that will expose those weaknesses in a drop of the hat.

Looks like the Corbin fans got to the "Disrespect" card before we did. I hate when that happens. I believe that any knowledgable NewCath fan knows our strengths and weaknesses and that Corbin is a good ballclub that will expose those weaknesses in a drop of the hat.

The NCC fans usually complain about their own teams weaknesses more than they worry about the other team.

I remember this game like it was yesterday! VERY cold night in Corbin. Corbin was the favorite in this game (I see some similarities) and NC was up 21-0 at the half. The beginning of the 2nd half was the maddest I have ever seen coach Schneider because of an incident with a Corbin RB uniform :sssh::sssh::sssh:

I know what you are talking about. Coach Adams decided to have Corbin's two starting RB's change jerseys for this game:confused:. He was trying to hide Fox, who was Corbin's main RB, so he had him switch jerseys with Stevens.

I think that his whole plan backfired though as NewCath had scouted the prior weeks game when Stevens ran for about 200 yards, therefore they were keying on his number anyway.:laugh: Corbin had their chances that night, but NewCath was the better team.

Corbin has a way of winning games that nobody gives them a chance in. On the road, tough opponent, hostile enviornment, all the things that make for great high school football. Corbin may not win this game but I would not bet against them, they are talanted and motivated, good luck Hounds.

I know what you are talking about. Coach Adams decided to have Corbin's two starting RB's change jerseys for this game:confused:. He was trying to hide Fox, who was Corbin's main RB, so he had him switch jerseys with Stevens.

I think that his whole plan backfired though as NewCath had scouted the prior weeks game when Stevens ran for about 200 yards, therefore they were keying on his number anyway.:laugh: Corbin had their chances that night, but NewCath was the better team.

That was a very good NewCath team wrapping up 3 straight trips to the finals w/ Mr. Football Frank Jacobs, Gary Gabbard, Terry Sandfoss, Marvin Haigas, and a bunch of other good players.