Corbin at Newport Central Catholic (2A)

Dlbdonn

Who wins  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Corbin Redhounds

Any Corbin fans that have time to spare or are spending the night, bring your camera. Come up to the school and check out the view of Cincinnati from the NCC hill. Pretty impressive view of the Reds and Bengals stadiums. Newport on the levee is a great place to visit, lots of good food, enjoy your time in n.ky

Ive stayed in Newport many times and enjoyed the view. Newport on the Levee deserves a full weekend to appreciate.........

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Any NCC fans on here that can tell me where Frank Jacobs and Nick Sandfoss are, they played on the NCC team that came to Corbin in 86 and beat them. From what i remember Frank Jacobs was a man among boys and Nick Sandfoss had speed to burn. Do any of the 07 NCC players have speed comparable to Sandfoss. I'm looking forward to the trip north and hope that the game will be as good as advertised. GO Hounds!!!!!:walk:

Can Any NCC fans on here that can tell me where Frank Jacobs and Nick Sandfoss are, they played on the NCC team that came to Corbin in 86 and beat them. From what i remember Frank Jacobs was a man among boys and Nick Sandfoss had speed to burn. Do any of the 07 NCC players have speed comparable to Sandfoss. I'm looking forward to the trip north and hope that the game will be as good as advertised. GO Hounds!!!!!:walk:

About halfway down this page in an article dated Dec 31, 2006 is a story about Frank Jacobs.

http://209.85.165.104/search?q=cache:kwayXluNi2QJ:ncchs.com/sports1.htm+%22frank+jacobs%22+newport&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&lr=lang_en

Can Any NCC fans on here that can tell me where Frank Jacobs and Nick Sandfoss are, they played on the NCC team that came to Corbin in 86 and beat them. From what i remember Frank Jacobs was a man among boys and Nick Sandfoss had speed to burn. Do any of the 07 NCC players have speed comparable to Sandfoss. I'm looking forward to the trip north and hope that the game will be as good as advertised. GO Hounds!!!!!

They are both still around. At least i know Jacobs is. After NCC Jacobs played at Notre Dame under Loue Holtz (and he's still looks like a man among boys even with adults) and I don't believe Sandfoss played college ball. They both have relatives go through Newcath like the Kiernan brothers who are cousins of Jacobs I think, I know they are related somehow.

They are both still around. At least i know Jacobs is. After NCC Jacobs played at Notre Dame under Loue Holtz (and he's still looks like a man among boys even with adults) and I don't believe Sandfoss played college ball. They both have relatives go through Newcath like the Kiernan brothers who are cousins of Jacobs I think, I know they are related somehow.
Yeah Cousins

I hope that all of these changing times do not confuse fans and hurt attendance. However with the game originally scheduled for 6, maybe more fans will show up early and make the atmosphere even better.

Hound, according to the Ncc guy i talked too, the game time was always set at 7. khsaa had it messed up. Have a safe trip up.

The KY Post lists the game time as 6 PM in todays paper, but as noted the KHSAA list the time as 7 PM.

The Times Tribune has the game starting at 6:00 in today's edition.

These two teams do not have any common opponents, but Holy Cross who was beaten twice by NewCath defeated North Laurel 13-10. Corbin also played North Laurel and won 39-14. Covington Holy Cross also defeated another area team, Knox Central by a 9-0 score.

I was in a meeting with the NCC principal this afternoon. The game will kick-off at 7:p.m. Apparently the Corbin players and parents will spend the night and bolster our regional tourism industry.

Safe travels to all the Corbin faithful, and enjoy the Greater Cincinnati region!!