233 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Corbin Redhounds

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hounds will face a huge task, but I think they will be up to it. Cashen, Madon, Wagers and Sanders have been really dedicated to the football program and I think they want to join the Elite Redhounds who have played for all the marbles. These kids are good leaders and with some guidance from Coach Jewell and Coach Duncum who have both played in the big ones they will be prepared. Add Coach Farris to the mix, he has been on the sidelines for over 35 years and coached in championship games several times. He also has coached in the boys and girls Sweet 16 and the baseball state finals. He is a wise old fox and will have a few tricks. I would suspect most of the town of Corbin will be up there to support the Hounds come Friday.

NCC has passed for over 2000 yds this year, this plays to Corbin's biggest weakness PASS DEFENSE. If NCC can get over the top with their passing game, Corbin is in real trouble.

Corbin has a nice running game but I think the size of the NCC line will negate that. Corbin has a decent passing game, BIMO it only works if they can run. NCC has only given up 900 yds passing, I see Corbin having trouble consistently moving the ball

NCC by 20

NCC 34

CHS 14

NCC has passed for over 2000 yds this year, this plays to Corbin's biggest weakness PASS DEFENSE. If NCC can get over the top with their passing game, Corbin is in real trouble.

Corbin has a nice running game but I think the size of the NCC line will negate that. Corbin has a decent passing game, BIMO it only works if they can run. NCC has only given up 900 yds passing, I see Corbin having trouble consistently moving the ball

NCC by 20

NCC 34

CHS 14

Good points.

How many times after we think we have it all figured out... that penalties, special teams, bouncing balls, and unforced turnovers really decide the game?:irked:

Hounds will face a huge task, but I think they will be up to it. Cashen, Madon, Wagers and Sanders have been really dedicated to the football program and I think they want to join the Elite Redhounds who have played for all the marbles. These kids are good leaders and with some guidance from Coach Jewell and Coach Duncum who have both played in the big ones they will be prepared. Add Coach Farris to the mix, he has been on the sidelines for over 35 years and coached in championship games several times. He also has coached in the boys and girls Sweet 16 and the baseball state finals. He is a wise old fox and will have a few tricks. I would suspect most of the town of Corbin will be up there to support the Hounds come Friday.

They better have the traffic situation figured out, becasue the south is invading the north on friday.