233 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Corbin Redhounds

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If NewCath can clean up their mistakes, I'm not sure who can hang with them. However, they seem to have at least one or two times a game where they shoot themselves in a foot and stall a promising drive, or turn the ball over. I don't know much about Corbin. I will say that I've watched the last two state teams play, and this team is much faster overall than those two on D. I won't make a prediction, just wish both teams luck.

I saw my first NCC game last night. They looked awful. Just bad. The D looked good. But they showed me nothing on offense last night.

I know nothing about Corbin so I can't give an accurate prediction, but I don't see NCC rolling thtough any game this late in the playoffs.

Couple of keys in this game:

1. NewCath will have to stop the Corbin run game and force them into unfamiliar passing down and distance. Lots easier to pass and run on 2nd and 3 than it is 2nd and 9.

2. Corbin will have to hang with the speed of NewCath on the edges and not allow any long runs after catches.

3. NewCath special teams have been stellar all year and that will have to continue that to beat a good team like Corbin.

4. I'm not sure how many people go both ways for Corbin but NewCath has very few that play both and they do not play every play. NewCath will have about 30-35 players see significant time and that has been a big reason they could beat 5A and 6A schools, and only helps against other 2A schools.

No prediction, superstitous thing i guess. Watched both teams play this year. Each team has their very own personality. This game will be right up their with the best a football game can offer. Not many times you will get to see so many athletes on one field at the same time. Pray the officals call a great game and let these guys show us their talents. Good luck!!!!

Corbin has a good run attack and Cashen is very accurate at QB. Issue in this game will be Corbin's D. Very very suspect against the pass against Somerset 3 weeks ago. I think Corbin has a fine team this year and can win this game. However NCC is just so deep they wear teams down. Having lost to then in Semi State last two year I have a lot of respect for what they do and how they do it.

NCC 36

Corbin 14

in a game much closer than that score indicates, NCC pulls away as the game goes on.

Corbin has a good run attack and Cashen is very accurate at QB. Issue in this game will be Corbin's D. Very very suspect against the pass against Somerset 3 weeks ago. I think Corbin has a fine team this year and can win this game. However NCC is just so deep they wear teams down. Having lost to then in Semi State last two year I have a lot of respect for what they do and how they do it.

NCC 36

Corbin 14

in a game much closer than that score indicates, NCC pulls away as the game goes on.

I hope that you are right. What does Corbin run. I think of Corbin and I think of Power-I football, 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Talk on here earlier was that they had balanced their attack. Is that a Boone Co. "balance" where they throw 8-10 times a game, or is it a legit 50-50 or 60-40 run to pass ratio? What is their base formation?

I saw my first NCC game last night. They looked awful. Just bad. The D looked good. But they showed me nothing on offense last night.

I know nothing about Corbin so I can't give an accurate prediction, but I don't see NCC rolling thtough any game this late in the playoffs.

Are you going Friday night??? No Civil Procedure class, so you know I'm in. Can you say BierGarten?