233 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Newport Central Catholic Thoroughbreds
    • Corbin Redhounds

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hounds definately run the ball more than not, Cashen is an accurate passer and can pick up first downs when they need them. Soph RB Fritz (sp?) is pretty tough and is quicker than he looks. Corbin ran between the tackles all night against us and hardly ever went wide. Could be because we didn't stop them and they didn't have to run wide. Strong fundementally sound kids on both sides of the ball.

This will be an excellent matchup with huge implications as to who your state champion will be.

Is the Sanders kid back for Corbin yet?

I have a feeling that the Madon kid could be a huge part to the Hound's success this week.

Yes. Sanders is back. He has been playing for about 3 weeks now.

Corbin has a good run attack and Cashen is very accurate at QB. Issue in this game will be Corbin's D. Very very suspect against the pass against Somerset 3 weeks ago. I think Corbin has a fine team this year and can win this game. However NCC is just so deep they wear teams down. Having lost to then in Semi State last two year I have a lot of respect for what they do and how they do it.

NCC 36

Corbin 14

in a game much closer than that score indicates, NCC pulls away as the game goes on.

hey jumper Dad this is good news for us. We all know the stud wideout you guys have in Cole. Can anyone really watch him effectively, I doubt it. If Corbins pass D is suspect it could be a good night for us. QB Kues has a ton of talent at the wideout position. They can all take the ball and run with it after the catch. This is going to be a good one. Corbin has always been known as run it down your throat type of offense. The question will be can they put consistant drives together, to keep pace with the quick score mentality. Has Corbin played against much speed this year.;)

hey jumper Dad this is good news for us. We all know the stud wideout you guys have in Cole. Can anyone really watch him effectively, I doubt it. If Corbins pass D is suspect it could be a good night for us. QB Kues has a ton of talent at the wideout position. They can all take the ball and run with it after the catch. This is going to be a good one. Corbin has always been known as run it down your throat type of offense. The question will be can they put consistant drives together, to keep pace with the quick score mentality. Has Corbin played against much speed this year.;)

Corbin has faced some pretty good speed this year in Dunbar, LCA, South Laurel, Belfry, Middlesboro and Somerset.

Corbin is pretty balanced offensively, I think that Cashen has thrown for over 2000 yards with 27 TD's and only 3 INT's. The two sophomore RB's(Watkins & Fritts) have improved over the course of the year and are playing real well right now. The FB(Campbell)goes about 240 and is a very strong runner and blocker. The WR's are big and fast with Madon and Wagers both 6'3".

Corbin has been in with the likes of Belfry & Dunbar, with alot of athleticism, so, I don't expect them to be in awe or anything. I do think they'll really have to step up defensively, but, will be able to put up several points themselves, so, it should be interesting. IMO, these 2 teams have played the most consistent ball of any 2a teams this year. I expect a shootout with NCC getting a key stop or 2 more...