Reds Close To Hiring Baker?

gametime

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you think he coached them "up" to the World Series, there's no reason to continue this conversation...;)

So Torre, LaRusa gets credited for getting their team there but Dusty gets NONE?

What are the qualifications for a manager who does get the credit vs. the manager whose team makes it and the manager gets none of the credit?

Why? I'm being serious, I know he's goofy, but he can manage, there could be MANY worse hirings than this guy.

I'm not pulling for him just saying they could do worse.

What he's known for is miles away from what this franchise needs. Miles...

It's very clear that McKanin will not be brought back.

So like I said, assuming all the other big names turned it down. Who do you suggest?

We are now assuming? Strong. Brenley said a month ago he was interested. We can start there...

It's very clear that McKanin will not be brought back.

So like I said, assuming all the other big names turned it down. Who do you suggest?

I would take Buddy Bell in a heartbeat over Dusty Baker. I know Buddy's record isn't very good, but he has managed some no talent teams. I feel for certain that Bob Brenley hasn't turned it down. I would also take him over Dusty Baker.

So Torre, LaRusa gets credited for getting their team there but Dusty gets NONE?

What are the qualifications for a manager who does get the credit vs. the manager whose team makes it and the manager gets none of the credit?

He has a .527 winning percentage. Coach 13 years and you're bound to fall into a couple of good teams. How do you win 103 games your first year and 55, 67 and 68 the next three? Oh, because the honeymoon was over and he actually had to coach. Ironically, in San Fran the worst seasons he had record-wise were Bonds worst HR total years. Like most managers, he's a product of his players...

Why would anyone want him to get a hold of our young pitchers arms?

He has a .527 winning percentage. Coach 13 years and you're bound to fall into a couple of good teams. How do you win 103 games your first year and 55, 67 and 68 the next three? Oh, because the honeymoon was over and he actually had to coach. Ironically, in San Fran the worst seasons he had record-wise were Bonds worst HR total years. Like most managers, he's a product of his players...

Did the pitchers in SF have the same problems of Woods and Prior? If not, maybe that reputation is simply a product of his players, too.

Is that winning % better than the Reds over the past 13 years?

Did the pitchers in SF have the same problems of Woods and Prior? If not, maybe that reputation is simply a product of his players, too.

Bill Swift is one that comes to mind off the top of my head. I'm sure I can dig and find a couple of others.