Reds Close To Hiring Baker?

gametime

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a silly post...

He has been out of the game roughly as long as Jim Leyland was from Colorado to Detroit...that has worked out well.

He has won a few WS rings and after the Twins management stripped their major league team of any high salaried players in the late 90's he brought along the young talent to 2001...got out for burnout. Twins ripped off three straight divisional titles with the majority of those kids.

I would consider him greatly before Dusty Baker and his wristbands.

I was hoping for Girardi...

Someone has to adjust that laissez-faire clubhouse attitude...I don't think Baker is the panacea for that.

I would take Buddy Bell in a heartbeat over Dusty Baker. I know Buddy's record isn't very good, but he has managed some no talent teams. I feel for certain that Bob Brenley hasn't turned it down. I would also take him over Dusty Baker.

Bell signed on to be part of minor league instruction this week with the White Sox. http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5hk02Z56O_Ge6kTy1vOrVucJtfH5Q

And, according to Lance's blog...Bob Brenly is not a candidate for the job. The Reds would have to move off their "extremley short list" for his name to become a factor. Joe Girardi is not interested in the job. All signs point to Dusty Baker.

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

Personally, the Tom Kelly idea isn't bad. Guy knows the game. What about Jack McKeon - he's better than Baker. Please don't let it be Baker.

I heard from a Cincinnati source that Baker was interviewed solely as a politically correct gesture and nothing more.

I heard differently, but I don't know what my source knows. I know that they are very very close to two of the people that would for sure know. I just don't know how much they tell that person.