Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds Close To Hiring Baker?

Featured Replies

The Reds may be getting close to naming a manager, sources with the team say. One candidate who has recently emerged is ESPN analyst Dusty Baker.

 

Baker previously managed the Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants.

 

The Reds are known to have interviewed Baker. The team has spoken to at least one minority candidate, as is mandated by Major League Baseball. If hired, Baker would be the first African-American manager in Reds history.

 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/SPT04/310110030

 

 

:irked:

  • Replies 103
  • Views 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homer Bailey went ahead and scheduled Tommy John, just in case he gets the job... :irked:

 

He's a step above LaRussa on my "Like that guy" scale...

  • Author
I will be unhappy, to say the least.

 

Along with a few hundred thousand other Reds fans...

  • Author
I will be unhappy, to say the least.

 

Make some calls and PLEASE tell me this isn't true? PLEASE??? :cry:

Homer Bailey went ahead and scheduled Tommy John, just in case he gets the job... :irked:
Great line ... Mark Prior and Kerry Wood can tell you all about it.
I will be unhappy, to say the least.
As you should be. I had to watch the guy run the Cubs in the ground ... others should have to endure it, too. :lol:
I will be unhappy, to say the least.

 

Along with a few hundred thousand other Reds fans...

 

Make some calls and PLEASE tell me this isn't true? PLEASE??? :cry:

 

As you should be. I had to watch the guy run the Cubs in the ground ... others should have to endure it, too. :lol:

 

 

 

You can certainly count me in as one of the thousand that will be extremely unhappy. HSSB, please tell your source that we don't want Dusty.

The answer I was just given when I called to ask if this is true:

 

"No comment."

  • Author
The answer I was just given when I called to ask if this is true:

 

"No comment."

 

:fight::cry:

:lol: :lol:

 

At least Dick Pole would remain the pitching coach. I wonder if 'Waving" Wendell Kim comes with him to lead the league in getting runners thrown out at home plate. I wonder how Neifi Perez would look in a Reds Uni after his suspension is up. He may even bring Rich Aureillia back for another tour of duty. Will his toothpicks be mint flavored or will he dip them in Skyline Chili the night before the game? Too many questions, not nearly enough time to ask them :lol:

While many people wanted a manager w/ a big name and some experience I can't think of anyone who wanted this. Bad day to be a Reds fan if this is true.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.