Reds Close To Hiring Baker?

gametime

The Reds may be getting close to naming a manager, sources with the team say. One candidate who has recently emerged is ESPN analyst Dusty Baker.

Baker previously managed the Chicago Cubs and San Francisco Giants.

The Reds are known to have interviewed Baker. The team has spoken to at least one minority candidate, as is mandated by Major League Baseball. If hired, Baker would be the first African-American manager in Reds history.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071011/SPT04/310110030

:irked:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be unhappy, to say the least.

Along with a few hundred thousand other Reds fans...

Make some calls and PLEASE tell me this isn't true? PLEASE??? :cry:

As you should be. I had to watch the guy run the Cubs in the ground ... others should have to endure it, too. :lol:

You can certainly count me in as one of the thousand that will be extremely unhappy. HSSB, please tell your source that we don't want Dusty.

:lol: :lol:

At least Dick Pole would remain the pitching coach. I wonder if 'Waving" Wendell Kim comes with him to lead the league in getting runners thrown out at home plate. I wonder how Neifi Perez would look in a Reds Uni after his suspension is up. He may even bring Rich Aureillia back for another tour of duty. Will his toothpicks be mint flavored or will he dip them in Skyline Chili the night before the game? Too many questions, not nearly enough time to ask them :lol: