Would 7-5 be a disappointment?

h.s.sportsrbest

After last night's debacle, in which the Cats absolutely played "rattled" and lost nearly all of their composure (Little dropping that punt, come on, that was simply a lack of focus) and showed America that they weren't ready for prime time, would you consider a 7-5 season a disappointment?

Before the season started many UK fans (including myself) thought 7-5 would be a good finish considering the schedule being so daunting, however, after starting out 5-0, should a 7-5 finish and a return to (for example) the Music City Bowl be considered a disappointment?

What say you?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like UK as much as the next guy but I think the announcers summed it up in the pregame yesterday when they wondered aloud if UK was really closer to 8th in the SEC than they are 8th in the nation.

To answer your question, I don't think 8-4 would be a disappointment.

If Kentucky doesnt finish 9-3 Im going to be alittle disappointed. Now Im not going to holler that 7-5 is a bad season and that Brooks should be fired for going 7-5, I just feel that we can compete in all of our remaining games and but Florida and LSU are probably going to be Losses. I still feel that Kentucky is a better team than South Carolina, but there's no way to prove that now. Just have to regroup, refocus, and get ready for LSU.

I like UK as much as the next guy but I think the announcers summed it up in the pregame yesterday when they wondered aloud if UK was really closer to 8th in the SEC than they are 8th in the nation.

To answer your question, I don't think 8-4 would be a disappointment.

They actually were commenting on various comments from SC fans they heard while they were there.

I don't think 7-5 would be a disappointment considering where nearly everyone thought they would be this season with the brutal schedule.

I understand they were attempting to frame it as someone else's words but the message was loud and clear.

Let's not couch that as "the announcers," that was strictly Doug Flutie's axe to grind. He was kicking Woodson and the Cats all night, and unfortunately, their play just kept feeding the cynicism.

Let's not couch that as "the announcers," that was strictly Doug Flutie's axe to grind. He was kicking Woodson and the Cats all night, and unfortunately, their play just kept feeding the cynicism.

I don't remember any of them standing up to Flutie about the comments.

Also, Woodson is good, but if I was a Pro scout I would be cautious. He is far from a lock in the NFL.

I don't remember any of them standing up to Flutie about the comments.

Also, Woodson is good, but if I was a Pro scout I would be cautious. He is far from a lock in the NFL.

I disagree on both points. First off, Craig James came to Woodson's defense v. Flutie many times. The problem is / was, Woodson's play kept letting James down and propping up Flutie's criticisms.

Secondly, I think a Woodson is an absolute lock to be a difference-maker at the next level. His size, strength, willingness to get in the film-room and study...all aspects that will serve him well at the next level. Last night was part of his maturation, but I'd be shocked if any Pro Scout left there last night thinking "no way he can play for us." The dude is huge, with a huge arm, throws a great ball -- those things you can't teach. What his short-comings are can be fixed.

I am a big WILDCAT fan and I also thought they were overated at #8, at the same time I liked it. If they finish 8-4 or better I will be happy anything less I would feel disappointed. I still feel they have come a long way and are headed in the right direction. Yes they hit the self distruction mode last night however, they need to leave this behind them and go forward and playing each game as they come. "GO WILDCAT'S" ! JD

We can argue over semantics or we can all admit the obvious, UK is overrated.

I don't know anyone that disagrees that they were over their heads at #8. I think most (me included) were just thrilled that they had become a talking point Nationally in football. Last night they showed that this program may be headed in the right direction (which I believe they are), but the trip isn't over and there is still much to be done. They lost last night for many reasons, and IMHO, very few of them were because of lack of skill or ability.

I disagree on both points. First off, Craig James came to Woodson's defense v. Flutie many times. The problem is / was, Woodson's play kept letting James down and propping up Flutie's criticisms.

Secondly, I think a Woodson is an absolute lock to be a difference-maker at the next level. His size, strength, willingness to get in the film-room and study...all aspects that will serve him well at the next level. Last night was part of his maturation, but I'd be shocked if any Pro Scout left there last night thinking "no way he can play for us." The dude is huge, with a huge arm, throws a great ball -- those things you can't teach. What his short-comings are can be fixed.

I meant the pregame comments.

Also, I said a lock in the NFL, I never said anyone left thinking "no way he can play for us."

I don't know anyone that disagrees that they were over their heads at #8. I think most (me included) were just thrilled that they had become a talking point Nationally in football. Last night they showed that this program may be headed in the right direction (which I believe they are), but the trip isn't over and there is still much to be done. They lost last night for many reasons, and IMHO, very few of them were because of lack of skill or ability.

I agree here. I wish Woodson was a junior because UK is so young that next would be special with the experience of 2007 under their belts and Woodson back at QB.