Would 7-5 be a disappointment?

h.s.sportsrbest

I understand they were attempting to frame it as someone else's words but the message was loud and clear.

:thumb:

I took it that way as well...and UK did nothing last night to silence that doubt. They played like a team that wasn't quite ready for the spotlight...South Carolina was where UK is now a couple of seasons ago, so they're ready for it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We can argue over semantics or we can all admit the obvious, UK is overrated.

8th is a little high, but UK is a top 15 team IMO.

I am not going to jump of the bandwagon yet. As bad as Kentucky played, they were still right in the game the whole time with the #11 team in the country. I think they still got a shot at upsetting LSU or Florida.

We can argue over semantics or we can all admit the obvious, UK is overrated.

I think most of us admitted that as soon as we saw the rankings...the way the polls work, they were deserving of being there I supppose, but no way anyone actually thought they were a top 10 team. Did they?

I'd like to see them go at least 8-4...and I think they will. I still think at worst they lose the next two, split with Georgia and Tennessee, and win the rest. So, I'd probably be a little dissappointed initially, but I'd still be OK with it after I cooled off. A win in the bowl game to finish 8-5 would take the sting off a 7-5 season.

Here's a question, would you rather see UK finish 8-5 with a bowl win, or 8-5 with a bowl loss?

At the beginning of the season, if you were to lay the schedule down in front of me, I don't think I could have found 7 wins. Therefore, a 7-5 season is far from a disappointment. As someone said earlier, it's all just a lesson in perspective.

BTW, I hope everyone isn't jumping off the wagon yet. They're still a good football team.

It's really amazing...we lose on the road to South Carolina and there is outrage. It's almost as if we were a title favorite that blew our chances at a national title. Come on people...we lost a game that most everyone knew was probably a 50/50 chance to win at best. Suddenly, we're talking about a dissappointing season and how South Carolina is a bad team. Anyone who thinks they're a bad team knows very little about football...and if I didn't think the "you have no credibility because of that statement" statements were so stupid, I'd probably make one. :D

If someone had told you that UK would start the season 5-1, would you have been "dissappointed"? That's what I thought, so why be now. UK still has the chance to do big things this year....one SEC loss on the road to a team that could very well win the SEC East doesn't change that.

If people think the basketball fans are bad, imagine how bad our football fans would be if they got used to success...I mean, this is after a 5 game win streak...how would they be with 43 SEC titles under their belt...?:lol:

Look at it this way. A few years ago, if you told UK football fans that the Cats would have even a remote chance at upsetting the #11 team on the road, most would have laughed their tails off. Now, we expect to win that game? That says a lot about the change in expectations and attitude that these coaches and players have brought to KY football. It still hurts to lose, maybe moreso when our expectations are now to win.

Look at it this way. A few years ago, if you told UK football fans that the Cats would have even a remote chance at upsetting the #11 team on the road, most would have laughed their tails off. Now, we expect to win that game? That says a lot about the change in expectations and attitude that these coaches and players have brought to KY football. It still hurts to lose, maybe moreso when our expectations are now to win.

That says it all...we expected to win last night. I can't remember the last time I watched Kentucky play good football teams anywhere and expected a win. There were times when I thought the chance of an upset were there, but never was I expecting a win. That's why people are reacting this way, but you still have to keep things in perspective.

At the midpoint of the season, we're 5-1 and rated in the top 20. I love the position we're in right now. Everyone knew going into the season that UK's schedule was tough and the season wasn't going to be easy. Most expert predictions had UK at 5-7 or 6-6...we're pretty much at that point already. This is a good football team. One loss doesn't change that.

After last night's debacle, in which the Cats absolutely played "rattled" and lost nearly all of their composure (Little dropping that punt, come on, that was simply a lack of focus) and showed America that they weren't ready for prime time, would you consider a 7-5 season a disappointment?

Before the season started many UK fans (including myself) thought 7-5 would be a good finish considering the schedule being so daunting, however, after starting out 5-0, should a 7-5 finish and a return to (for example) the Music City Bowl be considered a disappointment?

What say you?

I would not consider 7-5 a dissapointmentr. I honestly thought that this U.K. team would be improved but with not as good of record as last season bc of the SEC and the ooc schedule.

Well, they already have 4 wins and I originally said 5 or 6 wins.

So for me 7-5 would not be a dissapontment considering the stretch of SEC games that the Cats are going into.

It's really amazing...we lose on the road to South Carolina and there is outrage. It's almost as if we were a title favorite that blew our chances at a national title. Come on people...we lost a game that most everyone knew was probably a 50/50 chance to win at best. Suddenly, we're talking about a dissappointing season and how South Carolina is a bad team. Anyone who thinks they're a bad team knows very little about football...and if I didn't think the "you have no credibility because of that statement" statements were so stupid, I'd probably make one. :D

If someone had told you that UK would start the season 5-1, would you have been "dissappointed"? That's what I thought, so why be now. UK still has the chance to do big things this year....one SEC loss on the road to a team that could very well win the SEC East doesn't change that.

If people think the basketball fans are bad, imagine how bad our football fans would be if they got used to success...I mean, this is after a 5 game win streak...how would they be with 43 SEC titles under their belt...?:lol:

I like and agree with this post!

I still see 8-4, I seen 7-5 before season but didnt see us beating Arkansas, we lost to SC on the road which is understandable. It would be real nice to sneak one against Florida or LSU and who knows its tough to win on the road in SEC. I see Cats beating MSU and Vandberbelt. As for UT I called us beating them before the season and we have them at home and they arent no USC (Carolina) and they are no reason Kentucky shouldnt beat them. I still beelieve.