Would 7-5 be a disappointment?

h.s.sportsrbest

We can argue over semantics or we can all admit the obvious, UK is overrated.

Clearly. I think most UK fans would admit as much, despite how much they like seeing an 8 in front of UK in football. A lot of people pegged them as overrated at 14.

I do not however believe they are 8th in the SEC. As of this second there are no more than 4 teams I would place over UK. But then again I guess that would make them closer to 8th in the SEC than 8th in the nation. ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 8-4 would be a very solid accomplishment. They've still got to play Florida, LSU, Georgia (away), and Tennessee. Winning more than one of those games (and not getting tripped up along the way against Mississippi State and Vandy) will be a tall order, IMO.

A final season record of 7-5 is what I'm expecting.

Tennessee will definately beat UK.

I hope this prediction works out like your UT/Cal prediction...

Hey, don't worry so much about Ainge. Worry more about Longshore and if he'll make it through the whole game. The VOLS are going to hit him and hit him hard. Don't think CAL matches up with the VOLS in the trenches. VOLS by 10.

and your UT/Florida prediction.

VOLS by 17!

7-5 would have to be a pretty big disappointment. Starting out 5-0 and then going 2-5 for the rest of the year. I don't think it would be but if you look at it like that then yes it would be. I see Kentucky going 8-4 and then depending on the bowl game maybe 9-4 or another 8-5 year.

I agree. And he's not better than BB

I might argue that Woodson has more potential than BB but I think BB is closer to a sure thing than Woodson is at the next level.

Either way, I hope both of them go on to All Pro careers at the next level.

To answer the thread's question, 7-5 would not be a disappointment for the Cats this year. The excessive level of expectation from our fans was checked last night. I do think eight wins is a possibility, but if you look at Kentucky's remaining schedule and take your heart out of it, Mississippi State is a projected "W" and Vandy on the road is the next best opportunity.

I really think that the Tennessee game is a possibility if the Vols continue to be mediocre. This will create lots of pressure on Philip Fulmer who may be on the outs by that point in the season. And remember, Randy Sanders knows how to prepare for the Vols since he coached or played in that system for nearly 20 years.

Seven wins is my prediction, eight would be dandy! For those of you who think Kentucky will win nine, ten, or eleven.......you 'aint right!